I Promise: Chapter One (Sneak Peek)

"Rosalie!" Demi Stark yelled, wrestling her five-year-old brother Gage into his jacket. "Rosalie Kristin Jones!"
"What?" Rosalie moaned, stumbling out of the elevator. At twenty-six, the blonde beauty was very well known in New York's party scene. She was extraordinary at getting wasted and coming home at all hours of the night, much to her younger sister's displeasure.
"I'm dropping Gage off at Nat's then heading to Steve's. Try not to let strangers into the house, okay?"
"That was one time, Dem. Tours of the deceased Tony Stark's house seems like a really good idea when I'm stoned." Rosalie defended, putting her hands up in her defense.
"Whatever," Demy slipped in a hoodie and pushed the 'call elevator' button. "try to behave. I love you."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Rosalie waved her hand dismissedly as Gage and Demy boarded the elevator.

---

"Demy!" Gage yelled, running away from his teacher and into his big sister's arms. "I can count to twenty!"
"You can? That's so cool!" Demy gushed, kissing his forehead as Steve Rogers took his bag.
Gage grinned. He had only been a few months old when Steve became his guardian, although he had mostly lived with Demy and Rosalie. When Demy turned eighteen, he was moved into her custody, with frequent visits from Steve. So having Stemy, as they were dubbed by the media, pick him up from preschool was no big deal for him.
"Will Rosie play horsies with me today?" Gage asked hopefully. "We was supposed to play yesterday."
"We'll have to see when we get home." Demy answered, though she already knew the answer.
"So no?" Gage sighed, leaning against Steve as they walked.
"You don't know, buddy, Rosie's young. She has a long time to change and surprise you."

Hey! So, this story is done. I'm most likely going to start rewriting it to improve it. Honestly, thanks guys. I wanted to aim for 500 views when I started this. I've exceeded that and I couldn't be more thankful to you guys.
The sequel will be up soon if anyone's interested. It's called I promise. Thank! I love you guys! ~Tae

Jan 25 Edit: 1.71K views?!?! I LITTERALLY CRIED. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. I LOVE YOU ALL!