Chapter 9

Bucky Barnes sat in Demy Stark's bedroom. Despite his string of lovers in the 40s, he had never been in a girl's bedroom before. He was strictly their to make sure she didn't run away and to keep anyone who may harm her out.

Demy didn't care either way. No offense to Bucky, but she didn't need a babysitter. She's fifteen. Sure, Bucky and her had gotten off to a great start, but the constant trail was getting on her nerves, a bad place to be.

"Mr. Barnes, Director Fury requests you in the sitting room. Mr. Rogers will be coming to relieve you." J.A.R.V.I.S. said, unlocking Demy's door.

Steve Rogers walked in as Bucky stood up. "Bucky." Steve greeted. Bucky nodded his head and left.

Demy waved from her place on the floor. Her now black hair was sprawled out around her head and her abnormally pale skin looked slightly paler.

"You alright?" Steve asked, sitting next to her on the floor.

"No." Was her response.

"What's wrong? Should I get your dad or Pepper or Na-"

"I think I'm in love, Steve." She cried, flinging her arms over her face and rolling into her stomach.

Steve felt his heart flutter. "Really? With who?" He asked, almost too excitedly.

"Bucky." Demy replied, burying her face deep in her arms.

Steve felt a pain in his heart. He didn't believe in curses, but this sure felt like one. Peggy, Sharon, Demy. Was he doomed to love girls he could never have?

Demy rolled onto her back. "Is Natasha here?"

"I'm not sure, I think she was going to find Hawkeye."

"Who?" Demy asked, sitting up and pulled her curly hair into a bun.

"Another member of the Avengers. He's an assasin as well, they met on a mission and always reference Budapest even though I'm pretty sure nothing happened then." Steve explained.

It was true. The rest of the team started suspecting nothing of importance happened in Budapest after S.H.I.E.L.D. fell. The file's outer appearance seemed too thin.

"Cap, may I speak with you?" Tony Stark asked from the doorway. "It's urgent."

Steve stood, said a quick goodbye to Demy, and followed Tony into the hallway.

"She likes Bucky!" Steve blurted. "She thinks she's on love."

"I know, I had Nat bug her room. Banner and I heard everything. That's why I need your help. I need you to make her hate him."

Steve contemplated it. Bucky and Demy, his best friend and the love of his life, together seemed horrible, but did he really want to mess with their lives for his own personal gain.

"I'll do it."