Chapter 14

*A Year Later*

Eliza and Alex were sat waiting in the brand new family car with Johnny and Lizzie sat at the back, waiting for Philip, Angelica and Theodosia to finish school to go on their traditional road trip for the family reunion, but for this year it was in LA. Philip and Theo got to the car first holding hands, its been a year and Philip and Theo are still going strong together. "Hey!" Philip beamed opening the car door and the two getting inside. "Hey Mr and Mrs Hamilton!" Theodosia smiled taking her seat "Hello Johnny, Lizzie and Rex," she said acknowledging Johnny's favourite dinosaur. Lizzie gave the couple a wide smile and Johnny said Hello back waving enthusiastically. "How was school?" Eliza asked. "Good," the two said together in sync putting on their seatbelts.

Angelica came to the car next after saying goodbye to a young boy outside the school gate, she no longer had any contact with Charlotte and was president of the school debates club."Hey guys!" Angelica said getting inside the car, closing the door behind her. "Who is that?" Alex asked raising his eyebrow at the boy waving at Angelica. Angelica waved back smiling at him "Benjamin, he's only a friend," knowing where exactly this was going. "Only a friend huh?" Philip asked wiggling his eye brows at her, Angelica playfully hits Philp's arm "Shut up Philip!" she laughed. "Leave her alone both of you," Eliza chuckled and started the engine to drive to the middle school to pick up James and AJ. "How was school?" Alex asked Angelica. "Good,"Angelica smiled "My team won the debate again!" "That's great honey," Eliza smiled looking through the top mirror.

AJ and James got into the car already talking to each other "I've finished the last Sherlock Holmes book it was soooo good!" AJ tells James. "Awesome!" James smiled putting on his seatbelt "When we get home in a few weeks we'll watch the movies." AJ and James decided to do the routine of reading the book then watching the movie or Tv show adaptation of it. "School was good then?" Eliza asked with a smile. "It was okay,"AJ said "Maths was hard as usual." "You'll get there AJ," Philip tells his younger brother.

"How was work?"Angelica asked Alex "Jefferson getting on your nerves again?" Because both Alex and Burr both dropped out of the promotion, Jefferson automatically got it, and he hadn't stopped bagging since, but Alexander didn't mind one bit it meant more time spending at home with his family, and meeting up with his friends on Friday nights and weekends, he was a lot happier and less stressed. "You guessed it," Alex said as Eliza pulled over to the Burr house hold where Burr had just finished packing the car, he waved smiling widely as the Hamilton's pulled up.

"This is my stop,"Theo said "See you at the first stop," Theo turned and gave Philip a kiss on the lips which made the other siblings teasingly start to gag and fake vomit causing Theo to laugh as she got out of the car. "You guys!" Philip said with complete embarrassment "You can't keep doing that every time I kiss my girlfriend!" "Oh yes we can,"said Angelica "We're your siblings its our job."

"Philip and Theodosia sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" AJ sang. "You guys leave your brother alone,"Eliza said starting to drive to their first stop of their road trip "Now who's ready for our traditional Hamilton Family road trip?"Eliza asked. The car filled with cheers and excitement, even Lizzie was clapping her hands squealing and Johnny was waving Rex about as usual. "I am ready to kick your ass in charades!" Alex said. This made everyone laugh "Just you wait,"said Alex "I've been practising." "Oh yeah? Me and Angie have the perfect recipe for the bake off," Philip said. "No you don't because we're bringing back the Brownies even bigger and better than before, right Dad?" AJ asked. "You've got that right son,"Alex said.

Eliza couldn't stop smiling as she listened to her family talking with excitement, The Hamilton's could hardly wait for what the road trip will hold this year, and they all know that it is going to be even bigger and better than before.