𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

You'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much

⤗ ⋆✯✯✯⋆ ⬽

I sat behind my desk, looking at the teenagers that were scattered around with noses stuck in their books. The library was not so full by that time of day, yet a few faces were persistent to stay until the closing time.

I didn't understand who would want to spend their Friday night like this and honestly, nobody would even see me there if it wasn't for my job.

Every one of my coworkers had already left, abandoning me for the next hour and so I brought out my notebook, writing down what happened today.

It was an uneventful day, so I kept it short and wrote down about that morning when I got to a coffee shop. The worker was very nice to me and gave me an extra cookie with my coffee order, which I'll probably keep thinking about for the next while.

I've also been thinking about the mystery man for the past month. Not a day went by when I didn't re-read the second letter that I've received, finding myself smiling along. As I kept the small office light at my desk on, the words on the paper buttered my soul yet again.

Out of curiousity, I began to wish I could meet the person. The attention they were giving me was flattering and I hated that I couldn't picture a face behind the words. I really wanted to know what they would be like and I hoped I would get a name signed under all of those letters soon...

×

I closed the library when ten at night struck, then rushed to my car while rubbing my hands together, feeling the chill that shivered my skin. I started the engine, turned the heater on and began to drive down the road. 

It was a peaceful night with an almost empty road and I couldn't wait to get home. My wishes got cut short when my vision was suddenly clouded with white smoke all over my window.

I turned on the corner, stopping profusely because of the smoke coming out from the car's hood. It was alarming, so I turned off the engine and walked out to open the hood. Carefully, I inspected the interior for a while, hoping it's just some oil that spilled over the engine, and no actual fire. I needed to call the tow truck in the morning.

"Good evening," Somebody said and I turned my head to see a man approaching. "It seems like you need help."

The first thing I noticed was his boxy smile a he stopped near me, hands in his front pockets and a curious look in his eye.