chap. 37 || i win

Mulai dari awal

"Y-Yeah I am. It's just-

He was cut off again by another cough. You quickly stood up from the bed, fiddling both of your hands together in disquiet. Hurriedly, you looked at your left side and grabbed a mask that was sitting still on a white drawer beside the infirmary bed and tapped Shibayama's back before handing it over to him.

The male was quick to take the surgical mask and plugged them on over his mouth and nose. Shibayama sighed in satisfaction before he rubbed his shoulders down. "Ahh...this sucks. I just ran under the rain earlier...how could I got this fever so quick?"

"What were you even doing under the heavy rain?" You finally questioned, making Shibayama to wince at your interrogation, breath shaking and cheeks flooded like a fire. Yep, there's the answer. You always knew that actions speak louder than words. You always know what the person is thinking just by the way they start to act.

Just as Shibayama was about to answer, another cough interrupted his words from coming out of his throat. You backed away a little due to the surprise, but went back to your original position after.

"You keep coughing..." you told him, gently rubbing his back to let all of the cough out. "I'm going to grab you some water. Hold on, I'll be right bac-

"Ah...! W-Wait...!"

You were stopped by a hand grabbing yours, causing your foot to stop from walking towards the door further more.

The only sound that was keeping the silence away was the soft pour of rain and the clock's ticking from on top of the doorway, breathing which came over from Shibayama's direction through the mask he was wearing and then the only thing you can hear clearly...

...your heart beating very fast.

"I...I don't need water, I'm fine..." Shibayama pointed, eyes dropping down, trying to avoid your gaze with his. You blushed, eyes growing wide open, feeling his hand grip tightly around yours. The feeling was warm...very warm around your palm.

"P...please stay here with me...?" The ravenette asks with a faint voice.

You blushed along with him.

Shibayama tightened his grip.

"...jeez, you don't have to plead like that..." you replied, trying to hide your face behind the back of your palm. You and Shibayama still haven't let go of each other's hands, and you felt like you were going to melt on that exact same spot of the room.

"Uhh, you can let go of my hand now..."

"Ah! I-I'm so sorry...!" he exclaims as he immediately pulled his hand away from yours. You and Shibayama avoided each other's eye contact, both awkwardly fiddling with your hands or fingers through the dazzling wind just blowing on each strand of your hair.

This feeling was odd. And the aura around the both of you two were like an after confession between two shy elementary schoolers. It made you feel like more of a coward. Sighing, you muttered something under your breath which caused Shibayama to look at you.

"Ummm...did you say something?" Asks the 1st year Libero with a pause. You bashfully looked away, your hands laid on top of your chest. "Your hands...they're warm..."

"Ah...umm...well, yeah, pretty much so...I am sick after all..." Shibayama chuckled while rubbing his neck. You chuckled as well, finally making your first eye contact once again with the Nekoma's other Libero. It brought you a nice gut into it, you felt a lot more better now.