"Tae." She whines, reaching her hand out to me.

Snapping out of my trance I run to her, perching myself on the edge of the bed taking her hand in mine.

"How you feeling baby?" I ask her pressing my lips into her head.

"Tired." She huffs, shuffling slightly as the midwife checks her cervix again. "I feel like I need to push." She says looking down on the midwife.

"We're at 9cm. Almost there Y/N, how you feel you want to do this?" She asks her as Y/N sits up.

"I think I want to squat." She tells her, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed letting go of my hand.

"Okay." The midwife nods helping her up. "Dad I need you to sit on the edge of the bed, you are here for support and comfort and nothing more, don't panic when she starts to push and you feel like you need to help her. Your job is to soothe and encourage her okay?"

Nodding as Y/N crouches down in front of me, she smiles up at me linking her hands in mine, squeezing lightly before mouthing I love you.

"I love you princess. You got this." I tell her moving her hair away from her face, leaning down to kiss her as the midwife kneels behind her.

"Okay Y/N next contraction I need you to push okay, don't stop until it ends."

"Yep." She breathes out moving closer to me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"This is it. Y/N push!" The midwife instructs her, her head dropping into my crotch which encourages some inappropriate thoughts in me as she begins to groan.

"Princess please don't." I moan as she lifts her head.

"Not the time Tae!" She grits, breathing heavily waiting for the next contraction.

"Here it comes again." The midwife interrupts, Y/N resuming her position pushing again, digging her nails into my waist for the duration.

"I see a head." The midwife smiles up at me, tears welling up in my eyes knowing we're so close to finally meeting our child.

"Ready baby?" I ask her as she shuffles a little uncomfortably before squeezing her eyes shut, holding her breath as she gives another big push.

"One more Y/N you're doing great." The midwife encourages her.

Taking a deep breath she buries her head again, screaming slightly until we hear the sound we've been waiting for.

"It's a girl!" The midwife announces as Y/N collapses exhausted onto my lap, my tears flowing freely as I look up to see our precious little baby girl.

"You did it! You did it princess!" I sob watching the midwife bundle her up in a blanket before handing her to me.

"Congratulations. She's beautiful."

Taking our daughter in my arms Y/N looks up at me, completely exhausted but still smiling as we coo over our new born baby.

With her hair sticking to her head, her face flushed from exhaustion and her eyes looking heavy as she gives me a soft smile, I can't think of a time that she has ever looked so beautiful.

This woman has given me everything I have ever dreamed of and I will be eternally grateful towards her, and I damn sure promise to love her with all of my heart for the rest of our lives.

"I love you so much princess." I whisper to her as I help her back up on the bed.

"I love you so much too Tae." She grins holding her arms out for our daughter.

"What's her name?" The midwife asks us.

"Faye." Y/N smiles up at her. "After my mum."

Looking down on my two precious women my heart swells. I never thought I could love Y/N anymore than I already did. But watching her holding our first child in her arms my lips instinctively find their way to hers.

"Thank you princess."

The End

That's it!! 😭😭😭😭 Step Too Far has officially come to an end! There will be an epilogue I promise so any questions you want answered about the characters ask them now before I type it up!

Thank you so much to everyone that read this, I really enjoyed writing it and reading all of your comments. And I do read every single one of them.

Onto the next which will be Lips Of An Angel. I will take a tiny break after the epilogue, maybe a little less than a week but I will be back.

Until next time 😘😘😘😘