An Invitation

After a weekend of constant angry sex and apologies,  it's safe to say I was not in any fit state to go back to work on Monday

After a weekend of constant angry sex and apologies, it's safe to say I was not in any fit state to go back to work on Monday.

But here I am, stood in line at the coffee shop looking like a zombie, wondering if Jin would judge me for asking for an americano with 5 extra shots of espresso.

"Morning." Jungkook beams as he joins the queue behind me, earning nothing more than a grunt as a response from myself. "Good weekend?" He continues as I try to stifle a yawn.

"I'm exhausted."

"That good huh?" He chuckles as we shuffle along the queue.

"Yeah."

"So you and Taehyung.... you're good?"

"Why wouldn't we be?" I turn to him frowning. "It was just a silly argument. No matter what, with Tae and I we always get past our issues, that's what marriage is all about."

"Yeah I suppose you're right." He nods as I finally get to the front of the line to place my order.

"Hey, um, there's a new Japanese restaurant that opened up around the corner, do you feel like maybe joining me for lunch? I've got something I wanted to ask you."

"What you up to Kook?" I glare at him as he just grins at me shaking his head.

"Completely innocent I swear. I just have some good news, and seeing as I don't have many friends anymore, I just thought I would ask. I understand if you don't want to though." Feeling my gut wrench as he looks at the floor, my heartstrings pull at him mentioning his lack of friends.

"What do you mean not many friends?"

"She got them all in the divorce." He shrugs as he giggles softly, his easiness with it still not doing anything for my conscience. "I have you though right?"

"You do." I sigh as we grab our coffees, making our way to the bank of elevators. "Meet you down here at 12?"

"Perfect."

My morning consisted of mindlessly tapping away at my computer, two more stops at the cafe and Namjoon panicking when he somehow managed to get his tie caught in the paper shredder. After cutting him free however I spent the rest of my morning trying not to die of laughter each time he past me still wearing his 4 inch tie he refused to take off.

But now lunch has rolled around and I'm starved. Since the mention of Japanese food I haven't been able to focus. All I could think of was what to order. You ever get like that? Someone mentions a certain cuisine and it's all you think about until you finally have it? Like McDonalds for example.... bet you want some fries now right?

Jungkook was already waiting in the lobby for me as I reached the bottom floor, he looked somewhat relieved that I actually showed up, as if he's been stood up a lot in the past.

The new Japanese restaurant decor was... different. Black, purple and ruby silk sheets hung from the ceiling straight to the floor, concealing one booth from the other. The windows were tinted to ward of prying eyes. The hostess didn't utter a word as we walked in, she just took us to our seats, politely nodding and shuffling away.

"Looks a bit suspect in here Kook." I comment as I see the third couple consisting of a rather obese man and an extremely timid looking young girl walk through the door. "Are you sure this isn't just a cover up for some sort of prostitution ring?"

"Meh, who cares? The udon is really good." He shrugs as he studies the menu. "What you gonna have?"

After both settling on a bowl of udon each and some Wagyu to share, we sit comfortably, smoothly conversing as if our dark past never happened, long lost high school friends just out for lunch as we catch up on what's happened in each others lives the past 6 years.

"So yeah, I actually caught them having sex in our bed and when I asked her why, she said that she didn't want to have to wait for my dad to die so I could become CEO, she wanted one now so she went and found one."

"Well that's fucked up" I frown as he shrugs again, obviously moved past the hate.

"It is what it is. I will always love her. She was my wife and is the mother of my son so I can't really hate her."

"Son?!" Choking on my drink, he chuckles whilst rubbing my back.

"Yeah look." Pulling out his wallet, he shows me some photos of an adorable looking 3 year old, the same big eyes and goofy smile as his father as they squeeze each other tight.

"Cute." I smile down on the pictures, so cute in fact I'm sure I felt a tug on my uterus.

"You don't have any kids yet though right?" He asks as he tucks the photos back in his wallet.

"No not yet." I shake my head, watching as the waitress places our food on the table. "So anyway, you said you had something to ask me?" I Quickly change the subject, hoping he would not ask me the reason for Tae and eye not having children yet.

"Right. I wanted to actually invite you and Tae to something I'm doing tonight" he nods as he pulls a flyer from his pocket handing it to me.

"What is it?" I question as I take it from him.

"I'm singing in a small bar, nothing special but I could really use the support. I'm kinda nervous."

"You sing?" I furrow my eyebrows, slightly concerned that I spent a year with this man and never knew this about him.

"I try." He grins across the table at me. "So what do you say? Will you come?"

"I'll need to ask Tae but I'm sure it will be fine." I shrug as I stuff the flyer in my bag. "Anyone else going?"

"I invited Jin and Namjoon but they said it depends on whether they can get a babysitter or not. Do you think the others would come? Like Yoongi, Hobi and Jimin? I know we haven't talked since high school but it would be nice to see them again."

"I dunno about Jimin, he still wants to beat your ass." I laugh as his eyes bulge out of their sockets. "I haven't told him that we are on good terms again so don't be surprised if he tries to drag you off of the stage."

"There will be security." He chuckles back at me. "So what do you say? You think you'll be there?"

"Yeah I don't see why not"

A/NWhat do you think? Are we liking sweet Kook or are you guys suspicious?

A/N
What do you think? Are we liking sweet Kook or are you guys suspicious?