XV

"Look what you did, my ass is all red," I whine looking back in the mirror staring at the large handprint on my ass. He just got out of the shower and joined me in the closet while I was looking for pants. It stings if I touch it, so jeans are definitely out of the question. I did find this skirt with a soft inner lining, except it's a tight leather skirt that stops just midthigh. Maybe if I throw on some thigh-high boots I feel better about wearing a skirt. 

"Where'd you pull out this little number?" He comes up behind and grabs my hips pulling me into his body. 

"It was my mom's. She was quite a diva," The grey v neck crop top I had one previously stop right at the top of the skirt. My mom had her diva moments. If I could pull out pictures from their date nights and party events. She outdoes me in every aspect. Confidence, the amount of skin shown, and overall, she was more bubbly than I am. I've only gone through a small section of her clothes, and truth be told I'm terrified to see the rest. I know a lot of those outfits didn't stay on for long, but the thought alone petrifies me to my core. 

Sometimes I think, if she were still here, she'd join me in sneaking out late at night to go visit the city. Then come back home at 3 am with dad and Lulu sitting in the living room waiting for us like angry parents. Maybe that's why God or whoever is in charge of taking lives took them from me. They knew we would be a very chaotic family. Well, it's just as fun sneaking around at 2 am for midnight snack trips with Eva.  

"Let's go, before I end up changing my mind in letting you leave with that on," He grabs my arm and spins me around so that I'm face to chest with him. It's annoying that I live with giants. They never let me live in peace with that fact anyway. Always mocking me when I have to climb onto the counters to get something from the cabinets. 

"And what if I refuse to leave?" I smirk staring up at him. I've been getting way too comfortable challenging his dominance, but I don't care, I like doing it. His arms tighten around my waist, closing the gap between us. 

"There'll be more than one red mark on that behind of yours, sorry, that behind of mine," Yessir. Claim what's yours, I'm all for it.

"Let's go before we really don't leave this room," Pulling his arms away from around me, I pull him out of the closet with me. To my surprise, Eva and Lulu are sitting on my bed. 

"You're determined to do it in every part of this room, aren't you?" He says looking more towards Hisoka. 

"It may be on my bucket list if I ever made one," Well, he can tick shower, bed, and bathtub off the list. All that's left is the sink counter, closet, balcony, and the new couch set coming in a few days. I hope he doesn't ruin that. 

"OKay, enough of this. Let's go. It's a wonder how we get anywhere on time in this house," I cut them off

"Wait, I need to use the bathroom first," Eva whines speedwalking to my bathroom. 

"So do I," Illumi adds walking out of my room to his. 

"I guess I should also go before we leave," Hisoka leaves my side and heads downstairs. Sigh. Children. I live with children trapped in the bodies of adults. 

"I'M WAITING IN THE CAR!!" I yell at everyone making my way downstairs. My voice is loud enough to be heard throughout so I'm not worried that they won't hear me wherever they are. 

By the time I start the jeep, everyone piles in and we leave for the park. They're going to stay in the shadows unless they sense danger of some sort. I'm just as skeptical as them going into this, my first thought was that this could be a trap, but then I remembered that he can't hurt me or anyone I love because of the thread. I park the jeep in the distance behind a tree and send Hisoka, E, and Lulu out to hide. Maybe I should have brought a jacket, it's cold.