New Friend

La'Reesha

I was downstairs filling in for Tasha because she had to leave on some type of emergency. It had been a week since I talked to August and I couldn't lie and say that I didn't miss him, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I have been talking with Braylon and tonight we are going out. When he asked me to dinner that day I had to put the breaks on it. I felt like it was too soon for all that.

"Okay Mr. Lyles you are all set." I handed him his reciept and envelope with money. "Have a great day!"

"Thank you Reesha and you do the same." He smiled and walked off.

As soon as he walked off I noticed a nicely dressed woman approaching. The more I looked at her it looked as if she was tryna to hide her identity. She had on dark shades and it looked like a wig with a wide brim hat. She made her way to my window and looked around like the boogie man was gon' pop-up outta nowhere.

"Hello. I can I help you today?" I smiled and she smiled back faintly.

"Uh yeah...I um wanted to open an account."

"Okay, well I'm the person you need to see. Give me a second." I turned and got Melissa to takeover for me. I walked from behind the counter.

"You can follow me this way." I headed in the direction of the elevators. I hit the up button and we waited for the doors to open.

As soon as they did we stepped inside. It was a long awkward silence and I could tell that it was something going on with this mysterious woman. I pressed the floor that we were going to and leaned my head against the wall. The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. I stepped out and she followed.

I opened my door and motioned for her to take a seat. I logged on to my computer and looked up at her. She was looking all around my office as if she was searching for something. She was really acting weird as hell.

"Alright since I didn't catch your name downstairs, do you mind telling me what it might be?"

"Ka'Rayah Thompson."

"Okay, well I'm La'Reesha and I will assist you in all that you need. So tell me what type of account do want to setup?"

"I want to setup two in my name, but one of them will be for my daughter. She won't be able to have access to it until she is eighteen." She removed her shades and she was a very beautiful woman. She had exotic features and I bet that without that wig she was even more beautiful. You could tell that something had happened to her because she had distant look in her eyes.

"Well we can take care of all that. Do you want checking or savings. In fact we can do both for each." I smiled.

I got all her information and started putting everything in the system. I had her sign what needed to be signed and took her photo. When she gave me the checks that she was depositing I was shocked at the amounts. I could tell that she had money, but not like what she was depositing.

"Okay Mrs. Thompson, you are all set. Is there anything else I can help you with?" I asked as I folded my hands on top of my desk.

"No, and thank you so much. And please call me Ka'Rayah or Rayah."

"Okay Rayah and thanks for choosing Mercer State Bank."

She nodded and stood. She hesitated for a minute before walking out and she turned to me. I looked up at her wondering what she had to say or what she wanted to say.

She sighed. "La'Reesha I know this is gon' come off as strange, but I am new to the Atlanta area and I don't know anybody, plus I'm still learning my way around. Would it be to much to ask if we got together sometime just to hangout and talk." She looked at me pleadingly.