Did You Know

Reesha

I woke up to a splitting headache. The lights shining down on me hurt my eyes. I blinked a few times and I realized I wasn't at home. Right at that moment I realized I was in the hospital. I groaned in pain as I tried to shift because my body hurt like hell. I was just about to hit the nurses button when a nurse walked in.

"Hey I'm nurse Linda. How are you feeling?"

"I'm in a lot of pain and my throat is dry."

"Well I can help with that. Let me check your vitals."

I nodded as she came over and started checking my blood pressure and my heart rate. Once she was done she told me that she would be right back with some pain meds and water. I sighed and folded my arms across my chest. I closed my eyes and that's when it come back to me that I was in a accident. I was on my here to see my mother when I lost control of the car.

Tears streamed down my face and I cried into my hands. I couldn't believe all this was happening. First I find out about Kevon and Tasha, now this. I don't think I can take anymore news today, especially if its bad.

The nurse came back in with some Ibuprofen and some water. I shifted in the bed as best as I could and took the pills, downing the water.

"Nurse Linda. Could you tell me how my mother is doing."

"Who is your mother sweetie?"

"Ronnette Mercer. She was brought in earlier today after being in a car accident."

"Oh let me go find out some things and I will be right back."

"Okay and thanks."

"No problem." She smiled warmly and walked out. As she walked out August walked in.

He stood there for a minute with his hands in his pockets staring. It looked like he had a lot on his mind. There was a long and uncomfortable silence causing me to look away from him.

"Reesha how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Just in a pain." I shrugged nonchalantly

"Have they told you anything about your mom?"

"The nurse is going to find out for me."

He nodded and looked away for a minute and then back to me.

"August what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Is there anything you need to tell me?" He finally stepped closer.

"What would I have to tell you August. You not making any damn sense." I glared at him like he was crazy.

"Reesha don't play with me. I think you know what tha' fuck I'm talkin about."

"IF I KNEW WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT I WOULD TELL YOUR ASS, BUT I DON'T!"

"You betta stop yellin' at me like you crazy." He worked the muscle in his jaw.

"August I got enough shit going on with me for you to be in here with this irrelevant bullshit. If you came to see if I was okay, then you see that I am. Now you can take your ass own somewhere."

"Did you know?"

"Did I know what August?"

He sighed and ran his hands down his face in frustration.

"Did you know that you were pregnant and just didn't bother to tell me." He glared at me angrily.

I looked at him like he was fucking crazy. There was no way I was pregnant and besides I was on the pill. So he was talking out the side of his neck.