Deadly Tradegy

La'Reesha

I was sitting at my desk thinking about how things had changed. It had been weeks since I saw or talked to August. I rested my hands under my chin as I thought about him. I missed him like crazy and I wish that we could go back to being just friends, but that will never happen. My phone was on my desk and it vibrated. I looked at the screen and it was Ka'Rayah.

Rayah: I need you to meet me at the Olive Garden at 6. Its urgent.

I looked at the phone and scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I wondered what the hell could be so important that I needed to meet her there. Why couldn't she come here? I didn't even text back. I wasn't sure if I was going to go. I mean I had talked to her a couple of times, but I still didn't know her like that. I still was feeling some type fo way about Tangi's death. I mean what the hell was she into or what crazy ass nigga was she involved with for this to happen?

I sighed and leaned back in my chair just letting my thoughts consume me. I heard a knock on my door and I looked at it long and hard before saying anything.

"Come in!"

Tasha walked in and she was looking all weird. I really think something is up with her. She acts all nervous as if she is hiding something.

"What is it Tasha?" I glared at her.

"I was wondering had you talked to Kevon."

I looked at he like her like she was crazy. She knows damn well I don't fuck with him like that and she gon' as me that bogus ass question.

"Tasha have you been sniffing fucking white out? You know damn well I don't deal with him on no type of level. Why in the hell would you ask me that dumb shit?"

"Well, I know how he feels about you and I thought that maybe you guys could at least talk. I mean he really is a good guy unless you cross him."

"Well Tasha you date him then."

"I'm interested in someone else." She smirked and I knew right away who she was talking about.

"Ta-"

A knock sounded on my door causing both of us to look back at it. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

"Come in!"

The door opened and in walked August. We stared at each other for a long moment and Tasha narrowed her eyes looking back and forth between us. I could see the jealousy and hate in her eyes, but August and I were not together.

"What are you doing here?"

"I miss you."

"August don't do this right now." I pleaded.

"Tasha I need to talk to Reesha alone." He looked at her and she looked taken aback."

"Reesha think about what I said about Kevon." She smirked and walked out.

I stared at the door as she walked out and narrowed my eyes. Something was up with her and Kevon, but what?

"What tha' hell she talkin' bout?" August walked over and sat in front of my desk.

"I don't know and I really don't care. What do you need to talk to me about?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Reesha I miss talking to you and seeing you. I wanna at least try being friends if nothing else." He stared at me.

"August how the hell do you expect me to be just your friend when I know I want more, when you know I'm in love with you. I mean that's punishment of the worst kind having to look at you knowing it will never be nothing else."

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. He looked at me with and unreadable expression.

"Reesha this shit is killin' me. You gotta unda'stand where I'm coming from."

"And you gotta understand where I'm coming from August. You are asking me to push my feelings aside and settle for just being friends when I know in my heart I can't do that. Its like saying if I can't have all of you I should just take what I can get. August I can't and won't do that." I rose from my chair and filed paperwork. I could feel his eyes on me as I moved around.

I heard the chair move and I assumed he was about to leave. I was so wrong.

August

I walked up behind Reesha as she stood at the file cabinet. I ran my hands up and down her arms and she tensed.

"August don't do this. Please!"

"Don't do what Reesha? Miss you? Want you? Need you? Love you?" I pressed closer to her.

"August why are you doing this?"

I turned her in my arms and she dropped the papers in her hand. I stared down at her and lifted her chin. I got lost in her eyes. I loved her so much and wanted to give her everything she wanted, but I was afraid.

"Reesha you will always be a part of me and you will always be mines, no matter who you with. You can't deny that. This thing between us will never die. This burnin' flame will always burn no matter what." I bent my head and pecked her lips

I pulled back and caressed her cheek. It was crazy to be in love with someone like this.

"I love you La'Reesha." I stepped back and turned walking out.

I got back down to the lobby and was about to hit the corner, but I saw Tasha on the phone with someone. She didn't know I was right there so I took it upon myself to listen in.

"Kevon I tried, but she isn't listening to anything that I am saying. What the hell do you want me to do? I can't make Reesha want you. Hell August up there with her right now."

I had heard all I needed to hear. She was plotting with that bitch ass nigga to make Reesha want him. I knew it was some shit with him from day one. I walked by acting like I didn't hear or see her. I had to keep my eye on them sneaky muthafucka's. They do anythang to hurt Reesha they will regret ever crossing that path.

I walked out the door and bumped into someone. It was a lady and she looked like she was trying to hide who she was. I swear people crazy as hell these days. She hurriedly walked around me, mumbling sorry. I shook my head and walked to the car.

La'Reesha

I leaned on edge of my desk trying to figure out what had just happened. August was gon' be the death of me with how he had me on an emotional rollercoaster. He was sending me all kinds of signals saying he wanted more than friendship. I'm so fucking confused. I was just about to take a seat behind my desk when a knock sounded on my door.

I groaned in irritation because everybody wanted to talk today.

"Come in!"

I looked up when Rayah walked in. She always looked like she was tryna hide herself. I couldn't understand why.

"Rayah what are you doing here?"

"When you didn't text me back I knew that I was gon' have to come to you. Reesha you are in danger."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I frowned looking at her.

"Reesha my name is not Ka'Rayah Thompson. It's Aniyah Martin. I'm Tangi's sister....."

Mrs. Mercer

I walked out to my daughter's car. She was letting me use hers until mines got out the shop. She offered to buy me brand new car, but I Ioved my old trusted 2010 Honda Accord. I got in her Range and backed out. I was headed to grocery store. I drove down the road and nodded my head to the song that was on the radio.

I had to admit that I love my daughter's truck, but I was so used to my car. A redlight was approaching and I went to stop on breaks, but the car wouldn't stop. I panicked and started praying. I looked ahead and traffic was coming across, but there was nothing I could do to stop. All I remember was swerving trying to avoid the traffic when I hit a truck head on causing my truck to turn and flip several times.

"Reesha." I whispered faintly and I was met with total darkness.

Things bouta get real crazy.....