★CHAPTER SIX★

And after all the struggles, we will surely die.

Two years later

Baze university,
Abuja, Nigeria.
"Whoa babes I'm so knackered wallah. Oh I'm happy gobe ba lectures(no lectures tomorrow)." Maryam said jumping on the bed and dropping her architectural tools in the process. She was coming back from a tutorial which I didn't attend because I was having a slight head ache so I slept off. True to her words she really looked tired, the school stress is not a little bit nice wallah.

"Waalaikumu salam to you too dear Maryam." I replied rolling my eyes.

"Oops sorry." She apologized with a cheeky girn. "You see what architecture is doing to my brain right. Now I even forgot to say the salam oh ni mairo Allah ya shirye ni (may God guide me)."

"God I just can't wait for this semester to be over tee. I want to go home, school no easy oo. I wonder who even created school wallah." She hissed.

Well, guys meet Maryam Ahmad Babaji, the girl that hates school with her all yet emerges amongst the best in the department. In her defense some lecturers are just annoying and school is stressing her brain. Yeah she's that weird.

"May God help you mairon audu." I joked and ran away because I knew what was coming next after uttering those words.

"Meh kika ce? (what did you say?)" She asked coming closer to where I was till I hit the wall. "Waye audu(who is audu?)" the crazy fellow asked again pointing the sharp edge of her liner pens towards me.

"Nothing I just said mairon Abdullah." I defended.

Abdullah is her boyfriend whom she loves so dearly. I find humor in referring him to audu which gets her all angry.

"Haba ta Abdullah bada kanki asare kije gida kice an sace, tawan kinsan bama haka. Saurauniya a zuciyar Abdullah daga ke anrufe kofa." I sang shinning my thirty two and that did it because she released me smiling from ear to ear.
( A/N I serious don't know how to translate that but its praises. Someone help).

"Ya kan naki?(how is the headache) She asked. "Oh don't bother answering I see you are better tunda har kin inya gudu(since you can now run)." She added trying to steady her breath. Perks of being chubby just a little run and she's acting as though she ran a marathon lols.

"I'm better Alhamdulillah. You will teach me what you did later." I replied.

Maryam is really a nice, chubby, and crazy girl. She's the closest and only person I have as a friend in this school apart from the twins who are both studying medicine in the same school as me. She's so selfless and considerate. And not to forget, a real talkative.

I remember our first encounter with her which happened on my first day in school, I had a 9am lecture and I didn't know my way around the place, even the map wasn't helping. I kept walking trying to locate my way when I met her she asked where I was going and I told her department of architecture, she squealed and tagged along without bothering to ask if I knew the direction and I didn't either that's how we both ended up being lost on our first day and we missed the lecture. Then fortunately for us both we realized we were roommates and both studying the same course.

From that day onwards our relationship blossom like a flower in spring. She became my sister, best friend, supporter and everything I could ever ask for. She stood by me in my worst, moody and best days. I'm really glad our paths cross that day. And today I can't believe we are already in our third year, time really does flies.

It feels just like yesterday when Hermano and ammi brought me to Baze University wallah, I remembered how I cried as I hugged Ammie which was a great deal before Hermano pulled me away from that hug. I didn't want to let go and start a new life on my own, I couldn't believe I was leavimg them when I just found people I could happily call my own and a shoulder to lean on, a brother to tease and annoy and a grumpy being who rarely acknowledge my presence but I had to leave to start a new journey filled with success.