★CHAPTER ONE★

A/N Assalmu alaikum
I hope y'all are in the best of health and Iman If so Alhamdulillah then

I want to thank y'all for choosing and giving my book a chance. It means a lot wallah. The thought of someone out there I might not even know reading my imagination is just something I can't begin to tell you how the feeling is.

I promise you no regrets In Sha Allah. Please and please support me the best way you can. Your votes, comments and criticism(positive) is highly accepted.

This book is totally my own imagination(fictional) and I won't be pleased if any part would be copied in anyway without my concert, so please let's respect that. Any sort of resemblance to a book or person is nothing but a coincidence.

*Mahnoor*
I kept walking on the empty streets of Kaduna, unguwar rimi to be precise with no destination in mind as 'her' heart piercing words echoed in my ears. I could still remember how the words 'get out you don't belong here' dripped from her tongue with so much venom.

I wonder what changed, she wasn't like that, she was that sweet sister in law I always looked up to. She became the sister I never had but all of a sudden she changed to a heartless being, been all nice and lovely when my brother is around and changing to the evil person she is when he's not there. 

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt the salty taste of tears on my tongue. I used the hem of my hijab and wiped my face avoiding the questioning stares I received from passerby but I couldn't care less the pain am feeling is too much to bear. All thanks to melanin my face I would have been as red as tomatoes had it been I was light skinned.

I was so thirsty and my legs feels so numb, well it has to considering the long distance I covered. If only I had a phone, I would have called my brother and told him the situation I was in. I remembered how she broke my phone and the sim my brother gave me on my 17th birthday but I had no say and how she shamelessly lied that it was stolen. My brother travelled overseas for a meeting I just wished he was here.

The adhaan coming from a nearby mosque made me even more scared, where will I stay I thought. It's getting late already and the cloud is heavily pregnant with rain, ya illahi help me. I carried my tired legs to the mosque I spotted and offered my sallah. I prayed to Allah to ease my affairs, I prayed for my late parents, my brother and the entire Muslim ummah.

I saw a woman frying kossai(beans cake) by the roadside and decided to feed my growling stomach. I greeted her and bought what I needed before sitting under a tree and hungrily munched on the kossai pushing it down with cold water. I felt relieved and decided to ask her if she could let me sleep for the night at least.

So after I was done feeding my stomach I went to ask her. "Assalamu alaikum" I greeted silently praying in my mind that she will let me stay the night.

"Waalaikumu salam" she replied turning the beans cake that was on fire.

"Dan Allah in baza ki damu ba taimako nake nema (please if you wont bother I'm seeking your help). I said hopefully

"Me kike so" she asked with a bored expression.

"I've nowhere to go please can I stay with you for the night" I pleaded

She immediately turned and look at me before replying "malama bansanki ba bakisan niba kawai cikin dare kizo kice in baki wuri kwana ina ai bazai yuwu ba (woman I don't know you neither do you know me and you are telling me to let you stay the night, never, is not even possible).

Hearing that, all the hopes I had became shattered, ya Allah bring me aid I silently prayed. I dragged my wobbly legs out of the place in search of a place to sleep.

As I was walking three hefty men stopped me on the way.

"Keh kawo jakan nan (hey bring that bag)". One of them said, I had to resist the urge to close my nose because of the strong smell of alcohol that welcomed me after he spoked.

"Can't you hear him" the other asked when he realized I had no intention of talking or giving them what they asked for.

I was so scared and no passerby was there oh Allah only you can save me from this men protect me I prayed.

"Oga wannan yarinya fa tawrin kai ne da ita (Oga this girl is so stubborn oo)" the second guy spoke.

Before I realized what was happening I was dragged to an uncompleted building that I didn't even knew exist. Well, how would I when I don't leave here.

"Would you give me what I asked for or until I take something you wouldn't want" the one they refer to as oga laughed evilly.

I was so scared that I quickly handed the little bag I had.

"Not so fast baby girl" he grinned and I became more confused.

The rest started laughing and tried removing my gown that's when it registered, were they going to rape me Inalillahi waina illahir rajiun. I tried fighting them but I couldn't I started shouting with all the remaining strength in me.

The boss raised his hand trying to slap me after asking me to keep shut but I just couldn't when someone spoked "don't you dare" he said his voice so cold sending shivers down my spine.

His features were so intimidating when I turned to look at the man I wish is my saviour.

"Oh rich guy stay out of here" one of the men said but he didn't and they started exchanging blows.

I was so exhausted from the day's activity that I passed out right on the spot, with one thought on my mind, I almost lost my dignity.

Hey hey hey I'm so excited first chapter is finally down more to come In Sha Allah. I just hope you'll love it. Drop your thought will really appreciate if you do😁 feel free to criticize positively tho I Wont welcome any form of rudeness.

Vote
Comment and
Share
I love you all😪❤

                 Okay byeee
Miryermerh💕