"That's the thing, we can't be more than friends. I'm only here for a short time and once I'm gone I'll only break his heart." you responded, more sadness in your voice.

"Stop it! You're too focused on the future, you need to stay in the present which is now [Y/N]".. she advised with a gentle smile.

"Yeah..you're right, I gotta make up with him. I can't let him go, he means too much to me." you exclaimed pulling out you phone getting ready to text him.

Chloe took notice of this as she snatched your phone away with a giggle "No no no [Y/N], the present is now which means party time!!"

"Okay but now you gotta tell me why you're throwing this part-" you were cut off by the ding of the elevator and tons and tons of trays of food came rushing into the lobby.

"Oh fantastic! put those over there Jean-whatever, oh oh and those should go over there too!" she directed the numerous amounts of servants with the flick of her wrist.

"Now [Y/N] we've got to get you into something more nice for my party, we can't have you looking like you've been working all morning."

Sigh..."Alright Miss Bourgeois, but just this once!" you replied lazily.

♡♡♡

"Mademoiselle should go greet her guests in a welcoming manner, with a hug and a kiss."

"No way I'm doing that! Besides [Y/N] hasn't come down yet!" Chloe tapped her feet impatiently as she waiting for you to come out of the elevator any minute.

The party was rolling with tons of guests inside, whom were all scattered across the hotel lobby.

Yet there was no sight of an unfamiliar face to Chloe, only students she knew from her school.

"Come on mystery boy where are you..." she looked around impatiently until her eyes locked on a certain blonde.

"Adrikins!!!!'' she practically flew across the hotel lobby to place two soft kisses on his cheeks and give him a hug.

"Hey there she is! The party hostess herself!" Kim yelled as all eyes were on Chloe.

She had a nervous look on her face as she was swarmed by almost everyone, who approached her to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Gross" she mumbled..

Adrien chuckled and gave her a smile, as all eyes were now on Chloe and Marinette who struggled to greet each other in the customary way.

♡♡♡

Sigh.. You could hear the booming sound of the party music and somehow couldn't bring yourself to go downstairs. It had been hours- well that's what it felt like, since Chloe struggled to put you in her desired outfit for you.

You stood up and took another glance at yourself in the mirror and managed a small smile as you looked at the bracelet Chloe gave you. Knowing she was downstairs wearing the matching one made you smile. Chloe was nowhere near perfect and had so many things that needed to be worked on. However, judging by how open she was to listen to you and your problems, you knew she wasn't all the bad. There's always good in every person, someone special taught you that and you were going to continue living by that till the day you die.

Just as you were getting lost in your thoughts once again your phone buzzed as you looked down to see a message from Adrien.

[Cinnamon Roll 🥖]

Are you here at Chloe's party?

Your heart ached as you realized Adrien was probably at the party all by himself. You grabbed your things and rushed to the elevator.

♡♡♡

DING

The elevator opened as you stepped outside, looking around to find two certain blondes. The band was now playing a slow song which you assumed would be the last song of the night.

Jeez why did you stay up there for so long?

"Sorry-" you exclaimed as you bumped into figures that moved across the dance floor. Meanwhile you had Chloe in your line of sight as you saw her performing good deeds for other people.

The song slowly began to fade as you finally pushed through the crowd to see Adrien and Marinette dancing together perfectly..in the middle of the room.

It hurt..not because it wasn't you dancing instead of her, but because you thought maybe Adrien would have came by himself. It was now clear that you came to the party by yourself and you were the only one who was lonely. Everyone else was paired up, dancing the night away as you stood there. The feeling of the room beginning to spin as you felt yourself begin to feel dizzy. The music finally ending as guests appeared to begin leaving.

"Why me..?"

"Excuse Me.."

"Why do I always find myself in these situations"

"I have one last song I would like to play..I hope that's okay with everyone.."

"What did I do to deserve this?"

"At first I didn't know what to title it, but after I met a certain girl I knew exactly what to call it."

"Why can't I be enough..?"

"It started off as a random melody in my head but now I know exactly what it is..and It's her, she's that melody that's been in my head all this time. Even after everything that's happened recently I still can't get it - no her out of my head.."

The music slowly began to play as others returned to their spot on the dance floor, the upbeat and lively song putting them back into the joyful mood of the party. So much so that it snatched you out of your gloomy daze and your eyes adverted to the band stage. There were numerous amounts of people gathered around the stage so you couldn't see who was playing such a lovely song.

"It has such a nice melody.."

"Excuse me-" you apologized as you weaved your way though the crowd and found yourself right in front of the musician.

It was like time stopped in it's place.

It was as if there was nothing else in the world happening.

It was the feeling of warmth enveloping you.

It was the very someone you longed to see.

"Damn, [Y/N], you must love playing hard to get huh..?" he smirked as his pristine blue eyes looked down to meet yours.

That melody he was playing. It was yours,

it was you all along.

♡♡♡

A/N: SHAWTYS LIKE A MELODY IN MY HEAD