Chapter 27: The Battle in The Chamber

Two days after the students had left, the remaining five friends were rather melancholy. The castle seemed too empty without the students. Even most of the teachers had left for the summer, with the exception of the founders and Lolide. Even Rowena and Helga were planning a short trip the following week, as there was a herbology convention in Normandy they wanted to visit. The students were getting bored rather quickly. Harry spent most of his time in the library, making the most of his last few months with access to books that were in the restricted section back in his own time. Most of the books he was reading covered the Dark Arts, much to Hermione's disgust. The other three had never enjoyed learning Dark Magic like Harry had. They were all set in their beliefs that it would turn you evil, whereas Harry had come to drop such prejudices. He felt himself more of a Dark Wizard than a Light Wizard these days, although he would never tell his friends that. Although he considered himself a Dark Wizard, he did not consider himself evil. He knew there was a line that he would not cross, and Dark Magic for him was not seen as something bad. While Harry was continuing with his research, the girls were spending more time in the Gryffindor room, discussing boys mainly. Even Hermione had been tempted into gossiping. Ron spent his time sitting in front of an enchanted chess game, playing as many games as possible.

After the first week of this, Harry was starting to get a little restless. He had now finished his second book, containing ancient Light potions. He had finished his ancient Dark Magic book months ago, and was looking forward to starting his book on Dark potions. One day, Lolide came into the library to find the boy buried in the corner behind several stacks of heavy books.

" Greetings Harry, what are you doing."

The startled boy looked up at the elf, and smiled.

" Just some research before I have to leave. I've been pretty bored since the end of term, and my friends have been sort of preoccupied."

" Interesting. How long do you think it will take before your friends come and find you?"

" Well, I think they won't disturb me for at least two days. Why?"

" I am going to be visiting Falaryth for a month. Would you like to come with me?"

" Would that be a human month, or an elf month?"

" Elf. Which would be about…"

" Two days!"

" Exactly! So will you be coming with me? I am sure Gaerwyn will be wanting to be seeing you."

" YES! I'll go and pack!"

" You have your own stone, so I will be going now. You is just needing to follow when you have packed. I will be preparing your room for when you are arriving. I am sure that with a month in my world you is going to be speaking elvish fully."

With that Lolide took out a glowing stone and disappeared in a burst of purple light. Harry made his way back to his dormitory in the Ravenclaw Tower to pack his trunk. Once that was done, he turned to the sleeping snakes on his bed and poked them slightly. They struck out at the creature that had dared to disturb them, and Harry had to pull his hand away quickly.

*Sorry I had to disturb you, it's just I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the elf world. I know you didn't get to come last time, so I thought you might enjoy it*

*Of course we would Harry*

The two snakes made their way around his wrists, before he took out his stone and disappeared.

" HARRY!"

A young elf threw herself at the Boy-Who-Lived as soon as he arrived in the elf world. He fell backwards onto the floor, the young girl sitting on his chest, giggling.