Chapter 11

October 29, 2023

Elias Pettersson's Limbo

"Who is it?" the five men all demand of Elias.

"It's Brock! Brock Boeser! Brock's the one who shot Tkachuk those years ago. I can only imagine that it was because he was trying to protect me. Tkachuk must have been on a mission to see me and Brock confronted him."

"So, let me get this straight, Brock thought Tkachuk was coming to do something bad to you, so he put an end to it, by shooting and killing Tkachuk?" Kailer questions, tapping his chin in deep thought.

"Makes sense," Jason mutters.

"So, he does have a good enough reason..." Elias trails off, beginning to pace on the projection floor. "Not that it's a reason to kill someone over, but I can see where he is coming from."

"The book says that you can return to Earth," Jason begins to suggest. "What if you were to follow something similar to what Tkachuk did?"

"Steal someone's blood? I'm not a killer." Elias shakes his head. "And I'm not too keen on getting the appetite for becoming one."

Jason shrugs. "No, obviously not killing someone. But all you need is a drop of blood. What if you just accidentally punch someone in the face, bust their nose and get their blood that way? Then just have the other two ingredients from yourself, quickly boil up the concoction and race to stop Tkachuk?"

"I'm not punching someone in the head just because I need their blood, Dicky," Elias mutters.

"Then how else do you plan on getting the blood?" Jason asks, folding his arms across his chest.

"I don't know. I'll figure it out. I think we should focus on returning first of all as ghosts. Maybe something will pop up along the way..."

"And if nothing comes up?"

Elias looks down at his feet, unsure.

After a few moments of strange silence, he snaps his head back up, "If nothing, then the first person I see on the Flames will die."

"Why a Flame?" Connor pipes up.

Kailer faces him. "Because the book specifies a western conference opponent or mortal enemy blood. It makes no sense though for Tkachuk targeting all of us...but, we won't worry about that. Right now, Elias' mortal enemy is Tkachuk and his Flames. So it makes sense that he kill a Calgary Flame. Should it come to killing of course."