★ the fight ❣

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

─── ・ 。゚☆: the fight : ☆゚. ───

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

After getting bedrest for about a week, Jihoon was finally attending the university. Though it wasn't completely bedrest, as Jihoon had to go back and forth from the police station to the insurance companies, he still seemed to do better.

Jaewon waited near the entrance, waiting for Jihoon to come. Lisa and Junkyu stood beside her, wanting to see him as well. She could slightly hear Lisa's rambling, begging Junkyu to go, but the boy persisted, staying with them.

"If you get your ass whooped, don't tell me anything, Mr Kim." Lisa ended the conversation, shaking her head.

"It's fine," Jaewon said, smiling at the two. "Jihoon understands."

Junkyu grumbled something in response, and Jaewon was glad to not have heard it, because seeing his face, she knew it was something spiteful and she would most likely get mad over it.

Lisa and Jaewon got into a conversation, mostly talking about their classes and the upcoming exams. As they spoke, Jaewon felt a hand on her shoulder, and she immediately turned around, ready to sock them in the face.

Jihoon stood in front of the younger, holding a rose, shocking her. She took the rose, despite the flower giving her flashbacks to the night of the party, and she visibly shuddered, but thankfully, it went unnoticed.

"Good morning," Jihoon cheerfully greeted, a wide smile on his face.

"It's great to see you again!" Lisa spoke, and Jihoon chuckled, spreading his arms, enveloping the younger in a hug.

"It's great to see you again too, little one." He joked about her height, ruffling Lisa's hair, and she whined, pulling away. "I missed your constant chattering." He turned to look at Junkyu, who kept staring, not really attempting to speak.

Jaewon nudged Junkyu, glaring at him. If you wanted to stay, then you better speak. "Hey, Park. How you feeling now, bud?" He asked, swinging back and forth.

"I'm feeling better now. How are you doing? I hope Lisa and Jaewon's chattering didn't make your ears bleed," he joked, causing Junkyu to laugh.

"I'm sorry, what did you?" Junkyu put a hand behind his ear, pretending not to hear him.

"Rude." Lisa and Jaewon pouted, punching their shoulders.

"Just kidding, babe. I love you," Jihoon said, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders.

"Of course, you do."

***

The teenagers walked their way to the cafeteria, wanting to grab a snack before their classes start again. They passed the infamous courtyard of the university, looking up and checking the edges of the buildings out of habit.

It was a well-known story around the entire city — if not the country; students jumping off the edges, committing suicide. Barely anyone recovers from the jumps, and even if they do, they change universities, never to be seen again.

From a whopping two deaths per week in the 90s, the count has dropped to one or two deaths every six months. No matter how much security is put, a student with no will to live will somehow get up there. And even if there is security, the jump has already happened by the time the guards make it to the roofs.