Chapter 1 Hate This.

Jacob POV.

Billy was quiet for a second too long. "We got a letter today."

I could tell that this was the subject he'd been avoiding.

"A letter?"

Every muscle in my body locked into place.

A feather of heat seemed to brush down my back. I held onto the table to keep my hands steady.

Billy went on like he hadn't noticed. "There's a note inside that's addressed to you. I didn't read it."

He pulled a thick ivory envelope from where it was wedged between his leg and the side of his wheelchair. He laid it on the table between us.

"You probably don't need to read it. Doesn't really matter what it says."

Stupid reverse psychology. I yanked the envelope off the table.

" Yeah, doesn't matter anyway," Billy muttered.

Not too late," Billy mumbled as I punched the front door out of my way.

" I sat at the edge of the River. The sound of the water came down . My Anxiety.

"The thick ivory envelope felt heavy in my hands."

"I recognize the handwriting. " It was Evie's .

I didn't want to do this?

I hated the idea about this arrangement.

I already had a Queen . Her Name is Renesmee Carlie Cullen.

I can't believe my dad agreed to this crazy Arrangement.

As I walked to Edward and Bella's house . "I couldn't find the words to tell Renesmee ".