Chapter 10: Scars

Start from the beginning

"Sure, it has its perks but what I don't like is this!" she gestured to the tub she was currently slumped over. "The mess I always find myself in. The people, the killing, everything! I hate it all!"

"I'm sorry," Bex looked down in shame.

"If you would have just listened to me... why don't people ever listen to me?" Lyssa whimpered; her eyes watered over. A single tear slid down her cheek as she rested her head on the edge of the tub.

"Just drink my blood," Bex kneeled down next to Lyssa. "If you don't your face and hands will be scared."

"What does it matter? The rest of my body is already ugly, might as well complete the package." Lyssa pulled herself off the floor and walked to her room.

"Please, it's the least I can do," Bex followed after her.

"It'll be too much. You will pass out. Your parents will wonder where you are, I need to get you home."

"No! This is all my fault. I have to do something. I'll call my parents; I'll tell them that you are having a family emergency or something. That you need me. They already think you are my girlfriend."

"Can't you just take no as an answer?" Lyssa sighed.

"I won't. You warned me and I didn't listen. This is my fault."

"You can say that again," Lyssa grumbled.

"So, it's settled then," Bex pulled out her phone to call her parents.

Lyssa eyed Bex as she told her parents some elaborate lie to stay with Lyssa. Lyssa couldn't understand why Rebecca wanted to help her when only a few days ago Lyssa had tried to kill her. When Lyssa was always so mean to her.

When Bex looked at Lyssa to give her a thumbs-up, Lyssa had been caught staring and quickly looked away.

After Bex hung up the phone she kicked off her shoes and climbed into the bed. She situated herself before tilting her head to the side, ready to become a meal. Lyssa sighed and got up, pulling the blankets over Rebecca and fluffing the pillows under her head to make her more comfortable. Bex just watched her in silence.

When Lyssa was ready, she crawled on top of Bex, hovering over her as the two locked eyes.

"Just don't kill me," Bex forced a nervous laugh.

"I won't," Lyssa said more seriously.

Bex gave a tight nod before tilting her head, exposing her neck. Lyssa leaned in; her fangs bared. She stopped just short of biting down.

"Are you sure?" She asked, her English accent coming through.

"Just do it," Bex snapped at her.

Lyssa bit down.

Bex winced in pain before her face relaxed and that all too familiar haze washed over her. She let out a shaky breath as Lyssa took in large greed gulps, making sure not to waste a single drop. Bex could feel herself being drained, fading fast.

As the warmth of life left Bex's body, Lyssa could feel her cold body thawing out. The warm blood filling her with life, reviving her decaying body. It was a sensation she loved more than anything, a feeling of being alive once more.

"Lyssa," Bex warned.

Lyssa's wounds had already healed up, but she could do nothing to stop herself from sucking the life out of Bex.

"Lysss..." Bex passed out.

Lyssa jerked back, taking in deep breaths as she struggled to get herself under control. She licked the wounds on Bex's neck before blood could drip down onto the pillow. Her lips lingered on Bex's skin.