2 - DON'T COME DOWN

Start from the beginning

My breath hitches and I could swear my heart stops, my soul leaving my body as she pours the salt on my now wet flesh. She throws back her shot like an expert, skipping the salt. But when she places the lime in her mouth, she puts it in backward so that the shiny pulp faces me. I tilt my head in confusion, and she curls her forefinger at me suggestively.

Then it clicks in my head. I raise my eyebrows and my mouth falls open.

Ohhhhhhh! 

I swear to God, this girl is going to give me a heart attack.

I lick the salt from my hand, pushing away the thought that her tongue was just there so I can make it through this night in one piece before throwing back the liquor. I close my eyes briefly and let its venom course its way through my body.

I muster up every ounce of bravery I have inside of me and lean forward to meet her lips with mine. My teeth grab the lime and I pull away slowly, staring into her eyes whilst sucking the sour juice from the fruit, removing it shortly thereafter.

"You alright? Your cheeks are flushed, and you look like you're about to pass out," she giggles, taking two more shots straight, never flinching from the sting of the dangerous liquid.

"Way to call a man out for blushing!" I laugh, shaking my head. I remove my sunglasses, hooking them onto the collar of my shirt so I can run my fingers through my hair. It's a nervous habit that I need to stop before I go fucking bald.

"Maybe I wanted to make you blush. Did you ever think about that?" she shrugs, craning her head back to smile at me. My cheeks heat up at her comment, and I look down to my shoes, avoiding her cocky stare. "So, that means you must've liked the shot then. I had a feeling you would."

My eyes lock onto hers, and she winks at me. She hands me another, licking my hand again, repeating the steps like before. We polish off the last of the shots, and the buzz hits me hard as she drags me to join her on the dance floor.

"I can't dance," I say into her ear so she can hear me over the thumping music. Her head whips around to look at me, and she scoffs.

"Everyone can dance! You just gotta let yourself feel the music." She grabs both of my hands and raises them in the air to hover by our shoulders as she begins swaying her hips to the beat, matching our arms to her rhythm.

You have no idea...

"You asked for it." Feeling the alcohol wipe away my insecurities, I start dancing like I do on stage.

And by that

And by that... I mean horribly! I pump and swoop my arms through the air and roll my hips in circles, shuffling my feet as I let myself lose control. She throws her head back in laughter and joins in, flinging her body around just like me, feeling unshackled as the music invades her senses.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is! I'd recognize those dance moves anywhere!" Louis' voice cuts through the music, bringing me to a halt. "Hi Sunny!" he waves.