One More Drink Tonight!

Mulai dari awal

"Would you like a drink?" He extends to me one of the two red cups he's holding. The fact that he has two beers in his possession makes me wonder if he came out in search of me. But I am not that special, right?

I recall how the last time I was drunk, I ended up grinding on a boy and decide that it's best if I don't drink. I am obviously not cut out for that life.

I shake my head at his offer. "I don't drink, thanks though."

He raises a brow, seeming impressed. "Okay, no problem."

He lifts his cup to his mouth and takes a small swig, the liquid passes down his throat, and immediately I am hit with the same compulsion as that last time in Blaze's room. It's a rush I can't quite control. Then I think about the fact that perhaps a drink would probably make me feel better about my pathetic and possibly one-sided feelings for Blaze.

"Um, can I still have the drink?"

He looks over at me, and then his mouth separates into a toothy grin. "Sure, why not?"

He hands me the cup, and his fingers brush against mine in the process. Not sure if it was intentional, but I try to ignore it as I put my mouth on the rim, tilting my head back as I down almost half of the cup.

Apparently, I learned absolutely nothing from Blaze's little class last time. He told me to take small sips, and here I am drinking almost everything in one go.

I wipe the residue away while Kite chuckles lowly. "Wow. That was one long drink. Boyfriend issues?"

I look at him, scrunching my face up at the taste. This one is even more awful than the first; I have no idea why I feel drawn to drinking this rubbish.

"What?"

"Only a girl who just broke up with her boyfriend drinks that hard."

I swallow, feeling as if he just touched a sore spot. Does it still count if you feel as if you have broken up with a boy who wasn't even your boyfriend in the first place?

"Um, that's not it."

A light sparks within his eyes and he swings his lean body to me. "No boyfriend?"

I shake my head. "No."

"Wow." He smiles. "My lucky night then."

I am unable to make out his last words because all of a sudden, my head is dizzy and I am seeing two of his head instead of one.

"Woah." I blink my eyes rapidly. "Something is wrong with me."

Kite laughs. "You know, that mix is very strong. It's called Aunt Roberta; there are Gin, Vodka, and some other stuff in it."

I look at him, my eyes struggling to keep focus. "Vodka? What's that?"

He smiles. "It's a strong alcohol."

"Oh..." I hold my forehead and almost tumble over, but he grips my arm quickly to keep me steady. "Woah, easy there, you drunk already?"

"I don't know, I really don't know, but you have two heads."

He laughs hard, throwing his head back. "Aha. You're interesting, Harmony."

The feeling is so foreign that I start to panic; there is no way this could be normal.

"Oh my God, I feel weird. I... I think I should see a doctor. I don't feel right."

"It's okay; it's just liquor, babe," Kite says. He wants to laugh but bites his lower lip to suppress it. I can't hear anything he's saying though because I feel like I am now walking on clouds or in space or something, but I don't think my feet are on the ground at all. I wonder if this was what that talking stranger who almost killed me with his cigarette offered me to drink that last time. He did say it would make me walk on stars.

The alcohol feels as if it's surging through my veins and saturating my blood. I suddenly feel this strong urge to be reckless and free and crazy.

"Do you wanna..." I gulp. "D...do you wanna dance?"

Kite looks at me in disbelief, an eyebrow raised. "Dance?"

I nod. "Yeah, like what those two people are doing over there." I point a shaky finger to the corner of the deck where the girl is straddling the boy's lap while they kiss.

Kite laughs. "Well, I don't think they are dancing, Harmony. I mean, they could be but certainly not the type of 'dance' you're referring to."

I laugh abruptly. "Oh yeah. Right." I hiccup and almost topple over again, but he grabs my arm with a smile. "Be careful, babe."

"I still want to d-dance." My voice is slurred, strangely sounding distant from me. "You know like this...."

I begin to move my hips in an attempt to visualize my words, and Kite laughs throatily, running a hand over his face. "Wow, okay, you're a dancer, nice."

"Pleaseeee?" I give him puppy dog eyes while pouting, my lips red and wet from the liquid currently coursing through my bloodstream.

His eyes sparkle with fascination as he studies me, and then he chuckles. "You're even cuter when you do that, so I can't say no. Okay, let's dance."

I grin and throw my arms in the air like a toddler. "Awesome!"

He pulls the cup from my grasp and rests both our containers onto the pool deck.

He takes my hand in his and pulls me toward the house, sliding the transparent door open and crossing the room to what seems like the dance floor; I am much too out-of-it to analyze, but I make out a few people dancing around me.

"Turn your back to me," he says above the music.

"H-huh?" I can barely interpret anything because my cognitive ability isn't working properly and the music is deafening, causing me to feel even more confused.

Kite smiles and grips my waists, spinning me effortlessly around so that my back is against his chest.

My eyes open wide and I gulp. "What are you..."

"We are dancing," he says against my ear. "Isn't that what you wanted?"

The scent of his cologne engulfs me and his breath smells of mint candy. My senses and the rush of alcohol are battling against each other. I want to move away, but the strange feeling in my body won't let me.

He begins to guide my waists against him as if to show me what to do. After he does that a few times, my hips start to move on their own.

"You're catching the hang of it." I feel him smile against me.

"Oh my God, isn't that Harmony?" Yuna's eyes bulge from their sockets when she spots me moving against Kite from across the room.

Tia's orbs grow to the same size as her jaws drop to the floor. "Oh My God, it is. Where is April? April needs to see this!"

"April needs to see what?" Blaze asks them, coming onto the scene with a red cup in his hand.

Yuna points and he follows her slender finger over to me, who is now facing Kite, my arms snaked around his neck while I dance against him.

He hugs me closer to his torso then presses his lips against my neck. I stiffen at the action, not liking it one bit. His mouth is cold and wet, and it feels as if he's kissing me there. It is quite uncomfortable, but I can't find the power to move away because I am not thinking straight.

"Um..." I take a deep breath.

"It's okay, babe," He whispers and pulls me closer into him while his lips are sucking on my neck so hard, I think he wants to give me a hickey.

Suddenly I feel someone grips my arm and pulls me away from Kite in a swift.

"What the fuck?"

I am drunk, but I can recognize those blue eyes and that pissed-off voice with vulgar profanities very well.

Blaze.

"Wow, easy Blaze." Kite opens his palms widely, stepping back. "Is she your girl?"

"Stay the fuck away from her Kite, or I will fucking kill you." He warns, then pulls me away with him from the dancefloor.