Take Me Home With You

"When I'm around slow dancing in the dark, don't follow me you'll end up in my arms." —Joji.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Slow Dancing In The Dark' by Joji.

••

Harmony

"Do you have another class for the day?" Blaze reaches over to raise the volume on his radio, and Joji's 'Slow Dancing in the Dark' drifts through the car, setting a mood of pure relaxation.

"Nope." I lay my head against his headrest, quietly humming along to the music. The sky is clearing up and the rain has now lessened to light sprinkles. I idly watch the windshield wiper as it scrubs away the wet pathways, my thoughts running wild with what just happened between us.

Once again, I have given Blaze Xander another experience that I will never be able to get back. That scares me a little. Especially since I don't know what he thinks of me.

The sun is peeking out from the dark, musty clouds, spreading its orange rays onto the glass and reflecting its light into the beads of raindrops. The juxtaposing weather is beautiful and reminds me of Blaze and me. We are complete opposites, yet we fit so perfectly together. I wonder if he feels the same way.

I glance over at him, admiring how his curly lap of dark hair lies into his eyes. His fingers are tapping gently on the steering wheel while he bobs his head to the music, humming along to the tune beneath his breath. I smile softly in admiration. The more time I spend with him is the more my heart swells with affection for him. I can't decide whether it's good or bad to feel this way.

"Well," he starts, and I fix my gaze ahead. "Do you want us to watch a movie?"

I return my eyes to him, feeling a spark of happiness spiraling within me.

"Yeah, I would love to." I can't hide my smile. "Although the music club's meeting is today, and I was planning on joining it for good."

Blaze looks at me with an impressed smile, clearly liking the sound of that. "Oh nice; I like that you have decided that. Well don't worry, I can get you back to school by 4:30 after we watch the movie."

Without a doubt, April will be suspicious of our prolonged absence, but my need to spend time with this complex human sitting next to me outweighs any fear that I may have.

I smile wider and shift in my seat so that my torso is facing his direction. "Okay...so um, which theatre do you have in mind?"

He smiles. "Oh no, no theatre. We are going to my place." He runs a hand through his hair while the other lazily grips his steering wheel, and my cheeks flame up at his choice of setting.

"Really?"

"Yeah really. My dad isn't at home."

The thought of us being the only one in his house is relatively too dangerous. However, I do like it when it is just us two. He shows me sides of him that he doesn't show to anyone else, and I feel like spending alone time with him will aid in him letting his guard down around me.

He reaches over and grips my hand in his then brings it up to his lips for a kiss.

"Your hand is so small," he mumbles against my knuckle while his eyes are still watching the road, and my lips drag in a little smile.

"Yours is warm."

His dimples pop out of his cheeks as he smiles from ear to ear, and it is such a beautiful sight as he sits up in his seat.

A thought comes to mind and I look at him curiously. "If you live so close to Homewood, why are you boarding there?"

I notice his expression immediately hardens, his relaxed countenance fading away as quickly as his frown came. I guess I should not have asked that question.