Chapter 9

The sound of blaring music is reverberating inside my car where I and Angie are sitting. I am having second thoughts about going to the party. Feeling a bit out of place wearing this short silver sequinned dress, I really want to climb on my bed and read a novel. Anything but party out here.

“Hey, you ready?” Angie’s voice sounds happy as usual, as if she does this on daily basis, phew! Hmmm I think Richard is not as quite simple, brainy guy like I have thought about him. He is definitely having a more rave effect on my weird geeky friend. I laugh at this thought only to be yanked out of my car by hyperactive Angie.

“Stop yanking me! My hand will come out of my socket and we will have to go to the hospital now than the party.” I tell her shrugging away her hand and getting out of the car.

Closing the car I smoothen out my dress and look at my reflection on the car window. She did a good job with minimal makeup. Just a bit of kohl, blush, greyish-silver eye shadow, baby pink lipstick and shimmering gloss to pack the punch! That is what she said when I was refusing to wear the lip gloss.

I turn around and hold myself together for the long night ahead. I walk towards the house on my three inch silver stilleto, not mine but on my weird friend Angie's order!

I feel some weird feeling inside my tummy like when you are about to attend a viva and butterflies just squish in together fluttering. I just hope the night pass away soon and I can be back at my home!

“Hey, you came?”

I turn around to the sound to see William standing very close to me and literally screaming in my ear.

“Yeah, Angie was not having any other way.” I screamed back.

“Okay, but where is she?” He asks looking around for her.

“She was with me till now; I guess Richard must have come.”

“You come this way, you need anything to drink?”

“Soda is fine.”

“Okay, you make yourself comfortable; I will get you a soda.” He says by placing his warm hands on my bare shoulder, courtesy of my off shoulder dress!

I look around to find a vacant spot and casually try to move his hand away inconspicuously. I walk towards the couch where few people were sitting and drinking from their red cups and sit at one end.

 I now feel that Angie is right about William’s feelings towards me. He is really looking at me with warm, tender eyes and his touch is lingering over than required.

I feel guilty. I don’t know why but I feel like a hard stoned person for not wanting him, for my lack of feeling towards such a warm person, a perfect boyfriend material.

 Oh God! Why am I so in tune with my feelings that I know I don’t love him for sure? Had I been ignorant about my feelings I could have given this relationship a shot.

“Jade over here!” some one’s shout brought me back to the reality.

I look over to see Jaderian, his hair set back and his gait as confident as ever walking inside the room. His deep, blue eyes, bright due to his electric blue shirt and faded black jeans. The memory of his body pressed hard on mine in the school closet few months back rushes into my brain crashing the wall that I had built around the incident and making my heart beat zooming to an unnatural level. I will die today!

Why can’t William make my heart zoom like this? We could have been happy. Am I having a crush on Jaderian? Oh no!!! It is just my hormones... yeah. My mental rant gets rude slap when I see Jaderian smirking at me.