Chapter 3

"I think you are okay now" Jaderian asked smirking

"I am fine", I replied looking at the ground. Well, don't blame me guys, he is Jaderian, the hottie, and I am a geek, not an asexual being.

"Hey lover boy", a high pitched sound came from behind me. Before I could move aside, someone shoved me hard on my shoulder and hugged Jaderian. Sherly, head cheerleader who also happens to be the head whore, spoiled brat of rich single dad and the official bi*ch of our school.

Jaderian also hugged her and turned away from me, walking into the class.

"Hey sweeti you are okay right"? Angie asked me with wide eyes.

"Yeah, my shoulder is a bit sore". I replied rubbing my shoulder.

"Hey, look at the bright side; it was Jaderian whom you bumped!" She sighed fluttering her eyes dramatically.

I just looked at her with my, 'are you out of your mind' look. Richard just made gagging sound.

"Let's go to the class, we will be late otherwise", I said walking towards our class.

A big plus of being a geek is you are in advance classes and all the bi*ches, you know, just looks and no brains typo girls and boys, will not be there to bother you. Except, Jaderian. He is not only good to look at but, got to admit, he has brains too.

We enter first class, which is science and my favorite one. I take my usual place, at the front of the class along with Richard. Angie sits behind me with Maya, a nice girl but shy. I have seen her talking only to Angie. All of the classes we have are same except the last period, where I have art, Angie and Richard are into dance, and I tell you they both are awesome dancers. Hmmm, I now know where and how I can play a matchmaker role. I smirk as my mind starts to web an evil plot.

"Well Ms Clora Ford, do you mind to explain what you felt funny about the theory of evolution by Darwin" , Mr. Thomas our science teacher asked by cocking his one eyebrow. Whoa, when did he come to the class? I should have known there is some serious problem with me today, nothing is happening as usual.

"Well, I am sorry, my attention was not in the class", I replied embarrassed.

The whole class was gaping at me as if I had lost my mind, but to be frank, I believe being honest is better than lying unnecessarily. Also it is my fault; I should be paying attention to the class if I need to be the valedictorian.

"It is okay Clora, since you have been honest about the fact and it is the first time, ever, you behaved like this, I am going to ignore this behavior."

"Now please be seated and pay attention to the class, we have great hopes on you."

I sit down adjusting my spectacles and focus my attention on the subject. Angie pats me sympathetically, on my shoulder; Richard just nods and smiles softly.

Rest of the classes moved on without much problem. Lunch hour came and we all went to the lunch hall. As expected from a rich school, our lunch hall is huge. With rows of round tables, each table surrounded by five or six soft, pastel colored chairs. It has a look of a leisure café house. Over the extreme end there are arrays of food to choose from.

I and Angie enter the hall together. Richard had gone to the boy's rest room and had asked me to get his lunch tray too. We soon join the small queue in front of the counter. Angie was discussing something about how fuel consumption can be reduced if the design of the car can be changed and some monitoring about gas and all, everything was going on top of y head, she also knew it, but, hey, that is what friends are for.