Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Maya's POV

Beep... Beep... the only sound piercing the silence around me as I try to move my body, but I am unable to do so! Am I dead? Did he kill me?

Slowly, opening my eyes to the dim light, I struggle to focus my vision. The blurring vision before my eyes makes me to blink few times to look ahead. Confusion clouds my brain as I am trying to see the surroundings.

My throat... it feels scratchy and dry as if I am in some desert. Water, I need water to drink.

I try, again, to move myself, but suddenly someone comes in front of me, hovering over me and cutting the light above my bed making it impossible for me to see the face. Oh God. He is here. He is not done with me yet...

Immediately, the images of the baseball bat and his feral eyes pops inside my mind. His anger giving me no room to escape from his wrath and the sounds of my own cries fills in my ears. Flashes of him and his fists pounding repeatedly on my face makes me see red everywhere.Suddenly, pain shoots inside my head and vivid images of his hands, mercilessly, pulling my hair screams inside my eyes. I close my eyes but the pain intensifies so much that I know I can't bear another night with him again. It was better had I died!

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Nurse, come fast, her pulse is increasing." The sound of someone familiar seeps inside my ear but before I know what is happening. Complete blackness engulfs me.

* * *

Clora's POV

Feeling good about the surgery's outcome and the patient status I feel light as I jog towards my car. Maya's surgery had been not that much complicated. Few broken ribs and a fractured femur; nothing like multiple fractures and irrevocable damage to internal organs like what we all had feared.

Thank fully, the maximum damage was externally and not deep. Even though she looks like a zombie now but that will heal pretty fast. Suddenly, my cheerful feeling vanishes as soon as I the intensive unit, my thoughts reeling back to the basic question. Who could have done this to her?

"How is Maya? The new patient admitted in the ICU, under Dr. Chang?" I inquire to the duty nurse who is busy typing away information with a tense expression.

She looks at me, relief visibly flooding over her features and replies while cocking her head in the direction of Maya's room, "She gained consciousness but then again lost it."

"I think she is scared and the man inside the room is not helping it either."

"He said that as soon as she saw him, she started getting frantic, her heart rate shot up and then lost her consciousness." She smiles at me and continues her typing.

"Who is he? And is he any relative of her?" I ask knowing very well 'who that person' is! I just hope he is not the reason of her being here!

"Mr. William, he is her friend and he is the one who has brought her here."

"Although police has been informed, but I have a feeling that everything is all hushed up." She says looking up from her work and frowning in displeasure over the turn of events.

I nod at her explanation and walk towards the car park. No point in visiting her now. She is unconscious and I might have to face someone whom I am not comfortable to talk yet.

Bang!

The files scatter around and fortunately I had enough balance to start off or else I would have been lying on the bloody floor!

I look at the person whom I had just collided.

Well guess god has another plans for me!

"William". I speak out before I could stop myself.

He looks at me with his rich chocolaty eyes. I am sure I must have struck him familiar. Collecting my files quickly I try to walk past him after giving him a curt smile. No sooner I had taken a few steps ahead he step aside me and slowing me to a halt.

"Excuse me are you Clora? Clora Ford from the 'Royal Park high school'? I he asks with an excited face and tone.

I had a mind to say No you are wrong but my mind and tongue have their own brain altogether I guess!

"ummm... Hi William." I reply back. Dumb response. I know.

"Oh my God! It is really you." He looks shocked and takes a step back to give me a look over.

"You look different. Absolutely beautiful! Where are your specs? And look at you, you look stunning Clora." He gushes out everything all at once.

"Gee thanks William. But can you not be so loud? It is a hospital...you do remember right?" I reply back falling smiling as I fall welcome the comfortable aura that I had always shared with him. Well before everything changed.

I forgot that he is that person who brought me out of my shell. I just forgot that I couldn't stay away from him and upset for long. No matter what has happened between us we had promised to be best friends. And I am the one who just spoiled everything. It is me who didn't stick to my word!

The tears slowly start to fill my eyes, as the thoughts of past and guilt of my doing gnaws my heart. I turn around to avoid showing him my weak side. Who am I kidding? It is William after all.

"Hey... don't be upset Clora. We have been through this before. It is okay." He hugs me gently from behind and rubs my arms affectionately.

"I don't know why you had cut of contacts with me after that night! But if we talk it over I am sure that I may be able to understand." He continues to rub my arms and at the same time guides me towards the car park.

"I am sorry William... I am sorry for everything." I reply after I pull myself together and pushing him away from me. I don't want him to get any wrong ideas.

"I can see...Still the same stand huh..." he jokingly taunts me. I quickly look into his eyes before I justify my actions but strangely I can see no bitterness in his eyes.

Time has changed. He has changed. I think...no I hope that I too have changed according to the changing times.

"Actually William, I want to ask something?" I ask trying to sound as cool as I can.\

"Maya. Right? You want to ask about her." He states as a matter of fact as he opens his car door and keeps his coat inside

"ummm... yeah."

"Can we do it tomorrow Clora? I am really tired with today's events." He asks rubbing the backside of his neck and with pleading eyes.

I smile and nod at him. At least some things have not changed. He still does his trade mark gestures.

"Okay then, catch up with you tomorrow. I need to know everything." I add cheeringly. Too happy to know, that he is not angry with me. Also, my gut feeling, that he is not the cause Maya's present condition.

He is too good and perfect to cause damage to any other soul.

"Same here, Clora, I also need to know everything." He looks pointedly at me. Making it clear to me what he wants to know.

I nod with a smile.

He flashes his trademark dimpled smile and waves at me before starting his car.

Tomorrow is a going to be a big day! Phew!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for thelovely comments and the votes. do keep the flow and let me know if and where i am going wrong...:) Also let me know if you want the chapters a bit more long.

SO Ready for the Chessy line???

"Smoking is hazardous to your health... and baby, you're killing me!"

Helluva smoker man he is!!! ;)