Chapter 14

You know that your life is taking a turn when your past is screaming HELLO on your face and you are stuck in the present, too helpless to run away.

Exactly my situation! After so many years, now I meet the two very important men of my past and that too staring at me, at the same time!

God really loves me! arrgh... better get this done with.

Sipping my coffee inside this beautiful, cozy and inviting restaurant that lays across my hospital, I for a moment, wish that I am anywhere but here. Sitting across my table are William and Jaderian, each having something to drink. I am too lost to even know what it is.

Casually glancing at William, I see him lost in his own thoughts and yet a bit relaxed, at least as compared to me! When I look at Jade, I feel my stomach clenching deliciously and my heart fluttering, it must also be because he too is looking at me... nah scrap that... he is staring at me! I, unknown to myself, realise a slow blush spreading on my face and lower my gaze.

Jaderian breaks the comfortable yet the tense aura around us by asking a simple question, "so you guys are still seeing each other huh?"

William just shakes his head with a smirk on his lips and looks at me tauntingly. I, after a long time, find myself tongue tied and just stare at Jaderian as if he has just hit me... well not like that, but I hope you understand what I intend to say...

"No! why did you even think like that? We are not together and all, I mean I don't see why it should be so much an issue now, and why are you asking this of all the things you can ask me here!" babbling out everything in a stretch I now feel all flustered, embarrassed and what not.

William just laughs out aloud... can you believe it! look at his nerves... Giving his my best stare I turn to look at jade who is now sitting way too comfortable on his chair, leaning back with his legs extended to a level that it is brushing my ankles.

"Well I want to ask many things Clora, but for now I am content." before he could continue his conversation his mobile rings.

"yeah, I will be there soon." responding curtly to the caller he stands and starts to take his wallet out.

seeing that I immediately scowl at him and say, "it is okay Jaderian, we can afford to pay for your drink". Trying to end the sentence in sarcastic tone I make a mistake of glancing at him, because of which my tone changed to somewhat breathless. phew, I need to control myself around him even now! that is so not me! why does his blue eyes still affect me...

"Yeah, you are right Clora, I think I will pay when I take you out all by myself." he winks and smiles at me. Clearly he is getting on my nerves now or did he notice my breathless?

"Yeah in your dreams Jade!" Before I could plaster a victory smile on my remark, I notice his deep blue eyes at my eye level.

When did he zoom in?

His minty breath near my face subtly brings in goosebumps all over me, clutching the arms of the chair I lean back. His sexy, devilish grin makes me to look at his lips, in turn my lips part away and my heart rate nears, I don't know, nearing a cardiac arrest? Well I am a doctor, so for me everything ends in medical terms! A slight touch on my lips and he zooms out.

"I will call you soon Dr Clora." he shakes his mobile and before turning his back, waves at William.

"Hmmm, you still feel for him." William states while smiling at me.

"Nah." I state, now sounding confident since Jaderian has gone.

"Since we are here, Let's finish what we had started discussing before." I say while staring at William, who still is smirking as if he knows some big secret that I am too dumb to see!

For the time being I need to know why these horrible things has happened to Maya and where does Dr Chang fit in? Also, is my intuition right in telling me that William harbours feelings for Maya and may be he is  by himself unaware of it?