Welcome, to Hogwarts!

Start from the beginning

He wasn't a wizard, he wasn't new to magic and it's ups and downs, and he certainly wasn't a child either.

33 wasn't an age that most people would reckon a kid..

"While the place is large on a school scaling, it shouldn't be too difficult to manage after a while. I've read that only a few maps have ever recorded every room and passage way Hogwarts has, seeing how old this place is I'm not surprised that it's not 100% known all the way-"

Christ this kid, bookwormy, John had deduced skillfully.

"-that remains to be determined; but anyways, Hermione Granger, and you are?"

John blinked but reached out and took the hand.
"John Constantine."

She looked as if she was about to talk more when who else than McGonagall herself appeared.

"First years," she drew the attention of all. "Firstly, I welcome you to Hogwarts. In a moment you will walk through these doors and be sorted through into your house out of the four.
Gryffindor.
Hufflepuff.
Ravenclaw.
And Slytherin.
These houses will be where you are staying, your housemates will be your friends and family."

She rose a thin brow as she knew that she had them in a trance, full attention on her.

"As there are other houses than your own-there in competing. Rivalry. The goal of each house at the year's end, The House Cup.
The house cup will be won by he house with the most points. Good and exceptional behavior will earn points, break rules and you will lose points."

She smiled one last time before disappearing behind the doors as quickly as he came.

A moment or so after she was gone, the crowd of 11 year olds started talking to themselves, some louder than others.

"Jeez.....McGonagall can be intense..."
John noted for later.

John turned back to Hermione, finding her deep in thought, mumbling to herself.

John decided to leave her be.
She seemed capable enough of making friends, even if she came off as bookish. He knew she probably didn't mean to come off that way, but he hoped the girl didn't have too many problems concerning the topic-
"Trevor!"

A decent of amount of heads snapped to the doors direction, where McGonagall was back and a boy holding something-what was it?
A toad?

Eck.......

McGonagall didn't look too impressed either, but decided to move on, motion the kids inside with a hand.

They were lead through a big hall of some sort, filled with four large tables compiled with colorful robed kids.

So John was right, the different colors indicating their housings.

John was curious about his, where would the great and feared John Constantine end up?

John felt as uncomfortable as most of the kids looked.

Here they were, dead in the middle of hundreds of different eyes, about to be judged by their characteristics alone.

Well....not that many 11 year olds would understand the full context of the idea without explanation first.

McGonagall walked up a short row of steps, going behind a wicked looking owl stand to grab something before coming up beside a wooden stool place in the center.