Chapter 1

Things do happen to all of us without heeding what we are going through currently. Most of the time we have to move on from some matters even though we don't like them and the thing is that whatever the matter- bad or good, time goes on and so does our lives. We have to leave behind many things even if it is a person and their memories which we once cherished and were special to us with  will or by force where we are helpless to only by let it/them go.

Time for us to heal in most times is less because our lives aren't always about us but also the people close to us, so we are always expected to choose the right thing according to their preferences, not ours. We feel frustrated and will even think to give a hard punch to their arrogant face but we have to keep our calm and restrain ourselves.

That is also the case of most women in our society, sometimes we don't even get to choose but have to accept what they bestow on us. When some of us rebel we become mannerless, arrogant, and whatnot that comes to their mouth. Sometimes men are also expected to be the fine piece of art but don't they know no matter what the gender is male, female or others are not always perfect. Nobody is perfect all have their own flaws, so why poke your nose on someone's business when you have your own matters to keep on track.

This was also the case in Yumna's life because now as a widow she has to face many problems head-on with society. She had to face the harsh words of her own family members, and the jeering eyes and taunts of neighbors for a long time until she was taken by her uncle to his home. 

Even though we say our society has gone through modernism and educations it's hard to change their dark believes and superstitions which are engraved on their bones from childhood.

Some taunted as it was her bad luck that leads to her husband's death. Some thought her fortune is so bad that she had to face such a tragedy at this age with a child in her care.  For some, it was a daily life routine, if the husband dies you remarry and to some, a widow with a child is not so easy to get remarried.

Yumnah was first bothered with such mentality of the people around her but later she had to get a grip on herself so that she can move on with life and securing her child's life was her first priority. She never thought of getting remarried like everyone said because she is a person who doesn't want to burden others with her problems, she thought its better to look after her child than neglecting him for taking care of others because without a father she has to play both parents role in her child's life.

Losing ones husband Is not as easy as we hear or see. For Yumnah it was losing her pillars which kept her steady, secure  and supported her to keep on living in this world. Even though theirs was arranged marriage when Raeez entered her life she got a meaning for life. He was someone who helped her out of the shell she created for herself around everyone. When their bundle of joy came along , it was the happiest days of their life .

When she opened her eyes to see her newborn after delivery her eyes were seeking for him but got to know he is one way to hospital. While feeding her son like a thunderbolt her husband's death reached her ears. Yumnah was stunned on her seat not knowing what to believe or what to do. Her trembling hands held her son tightly the tears streamed down her pale cheeks. The small world she managed to build destroyed in an instant.

Not a sound left her mouth even after seeing her husband's body . Like a living dead she lived 1 week after his death but she never neglected her son with outmost care she took care of him. But after a week when she was alone in the bedroom while arranging the clothes everything crashed into her mind and she lost her calm, with heartwrenching cry she fell on the bed. Tears and pained gasps filled the room . Everything around was dark , for the first time Yumnah felt despair , didn't knew what to do like a baby who doesn't understand anything she wept.

Her son's cry of hunger brought her to reality and that was the first and last she lost her calm for dead husband. She kept praying for him in her prayers.
After 4 months of confinement she started hearing all kind of things around her but against all this her son's smile and little babbles kept her going on.

Seeing her enduring all these hardship her uncle took her back to his house . It was not a easy task to shift because there was opposition from her family.
Then she started her new life with her son. She stated tutoring students because with a child in her care she didn't wanted to do jobs outside. With tution and her small small buisness let her gain a foothold.

••••••••••••••••••••••××××××ו••••••••••••••••••••
Authors note: I apologize To all the readers who kept on waiting for an update even after  this much time .

Thanks to HaileyRandol  who asked when will there be an update ,that was when I remembered there was already a draft chapter so I edited and added some and here we go after a long break an update 😇

Yours Rumoz

April 16 2022