He frowned,” [Name]-hime, you don’t have to—”

“And no more calling me [Name]-hime,” you shook your head. “No more formalities—period. You and your brother aren’t just my brother’s kudan and mine, but friends, and friends don’t really use formalities toward one another.”

“Are you sure?” Kai scratched the back of his head. “Because I…I don’t want to offend you.”

“I won’t be,” you rolled your eyes with a playful smile,” okay, Kai?”

“Okay…[Name],” he nodded with a grin.

“You two ready to go?” you looked up to the other twin, changed from his uniform and now in a black jacket and jeans, slinging your duffel bag over his shoulder.

“All ready Kei,” you nodded, Kai taking your suitcase.

“Hime,” his eyes widened. “How did you—”

“I’ll explain on the way,” his brother chuckled, tugging him. “We should get going while the rain has stopped.

The two brothers brought you to their home—a studio apartment a few blocks from the café with only one bathroom, and kitchen, the living room taking up most of the area. It was floored with wood, and there was no furniture other than a small fridge against the farthest countertop. The blinds were closed, and as Kei switched the lights on, you noticed the ashamed look that was on his face at the emptiness of the space.

Taking a shower to ensure you didn’t catch a cold, you returned with a black long sleeved shirt and matching pajama bottoms. You dried your hair and plopped down on the floor, Kai taking his turn to go to the bathroom as his brother re-entered the apartment with a paper bag in hand, taking his shoes off as well as the soaked sweatshirt. He sat in front of you, opening the bag and handing you a sandwich from it.

“My apologies for the looks of this place, [Name]-hime—you deserve better,” Kei frowned.

“I don’t mind as long as I have a place to stay,” you shook your head. “Please though, kick out the princess habit.”

“That’ll be…a bit hard,” he slightly smiled, opening his sandwich and taking a bite.

“Um…so who…who’s taken my life over?” you asked, fumbling with the wrapper of the sandwich he had given you.

Sighing, the ravenette set his food down and stared at the floor,” It’s Chiyoko.”

“I knew it,” you nodded slowly.“I just had a feeling—a BAD feeling—it was going to be her.”

“[Name]…She’s used her powers to her advantage, and every memory anyone ever had of you has been replaced with her. In addition, she’s rearranged some in order to have my brother and I never exist in human form—which is why nobody recognizes us. This also is the reason for our names Akinori and Akito not existing either; even though you bestowed it upon us when I was in my dragon form, Chiyoko thought that the names were pointless and decided we would be called upon by just saying Ginryu. She also claimed that she was only allowed to keep one power and a kudan of her choice after leaving Castle Oblivion which is what legend states in the books, but obviously, is not true. Then, another claim she made was that if one dragon was sealed away the other couldn’t be called like before, meaning Wasurete can call on my brother in kudan form, but he cannot talk to him.”

“W-What about my brother?” you murmured. “He should…have some immunity to this, shouldn’t he?”

“Some may have an immunity, but trust is what makes or breaks that. Since Wasurete trusts you completely, Chiyoko didn’t have a problem when toying with him—no problems with any of them in fact. She then replaced what would be herself in those memories with another shinobi. When people are desperate enough, they’ll believe anything. Wasurete-heika, he was desperate to see you again, not second thinking anything when seeing Chiyoko posing as you—especially since his memories didn’t prove him wrong.”