Chapter 46

"And if you would all please turn to page six-o-seven in your textbooks I'd like you to get into groups of two and do number six under the Group Activity based off of the text. It's due by the end of the period as your first assignment," Luxord announced, sitting back down at his desk. "In order to avoid any movement, pair up with the person next to you."

"Hmph...lovely."

You rolled your eyes, scooting your desk next to Stella," We'll get it done if we don't talk."

"Furthermore, you are to read the next short story and be ready for discussion next week."

It was Monday; with Sunday passing uneventfully, you spent the day inside your apartment, being taught a few spells by Kei for the day. In return his condition got better, and he was no longer limping wherever he was going. Slowly with your progress as well, his clothes stopped mirroring yours, however, he was still a bit sluggish to his usual self, and was forced to take another day off of work, even school, as today, he stayed home.

So far, you had spent study hall drawing absentmindedly in a spare notebook-Tifa being a very lenient homeroom teacher-and was now in your second period, English, with Luxord. Unhappily, you were sitting next to Stella today as she could not stop herself from running her hands through Noctis's hair-who she forced to sit in front of her-and in conclusion, you were now her partner for the activity.

"Switch spots with me," Ven called over to the blonde girl. "You can have Noctis!"

At this, Stella's eyes widened happily," Sure thing!" As she tried to stand, however, Luxord's voice echoed across the room.

"Fleuret, stay seated."

"But sir Ven-"

"Strife if you cause any trouble, I'd like to remind you of your barely passing grade last semester," the blonde man said before returning to his book.

You sighed," Stella, this is simple enough, just write down your name on the paper and your opinion-get it over with."

"Don't boss me around," she snapped back. "I'll be dammed if I have to do it first-you'll just copy off of me!"

"We're stapling them," you scoffed, beginning your work. "I have no reason to copy off of you-we're only in groups to talk."

"I thought you said you weren't gonna talk."

" 'I thought you said you weren't gonna talk'," Ven mimicked in a squeaky, high pitched voice, making you and Noctis-who had been furiously writing-snicker.

"Listen Ven, I can make that little bar your brother has go away," Stella hissed. "Stop it."

" 'Stop it.' "

"Alright, fine!" she shrugged, then proceeded to raise her hand. "Mr. Luxord~! Ven is mocking me and distracting Amaya and I from finishing our work!"

"U for the week Strife," Luxord sighed, slamming his book on the desk and opening up his laptop.

Ven's eyes widened in disbelief," Are you serious!?"

"Fleuret, you know better than to partake in having your nerves get the better of you," the man added. "You get an U for the week."

"WHAT!?" she stood, slamming her hands on her desk. "THAT'S... THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

"Life isn't fair," a student called from across the room. "Shut your shit up and get it together Stella-sheesh."

"Oryon, you get a S for the week," Luxord sighed, now irritated. "Anyone else want to get their work habits down please speak loudly and across the room-otherwise, get back to work. Strife and Fleuret see me after class."