Chapter 44

It was hours later from the incident, and you were back home in Twilight Town, inside the Caelum household. The news was exploding with footage of what happened, as was the disaster to the Bodhum architecture. You were currently in the living room of the mansion, leading you to being thankful that none of the videos that were shot included you in them—leading you to then realize that you were strangely alone when you fought outside. Off the matter, you did notice most video clips came from the moments that the stadium was under attack. It was concluded, and so far confirmed from the authorities of that world that it was an attempt at a mass robbery of the audience, and even kidnapping of the teams, however, with the facts not adding up, you noted that this instead could have been a momentary answer to the questions that were swarming for everyone else.

Just as Namine had stated, it was moments after the game started, and it began with the sphere pool glowing green. From there, chaos erupted as a whirlpool of water washed within it, and smoke began to descend upon the crowd from two masked men that were making their way to the top of the pool's opening. There was no footage further than that, and you consequently wondered what Chiyoko could have been trying to achieve with this plan.

Your lone attack was to distract you from the boys, however, bringing the boys under her control perplexed you. There was the case of them killing you—a plausible reason, and your only one for the moment. You assumed then, that with the boys killing you, their memoires of you would have faded, leading you to have been erased: the memory the man you had killed last spoke of. With that in mind you leaned back, then pondering on the shield that had protected you from the glass, when you felt something heavy in your pocket.

Unchanged from the blitzball uniform, you reached into the pocket of your shorts, and your eyes widened upon seeing your phone drenched and unresponsive. Cursing under your breath you slumped in your seat, leading Namine—who was next to you, finished talking on the phone with her worried mother—to look at you in confusion. During the attack, she had gotten help for Jecht back at the airship landing not too far off—her kudan being mistaken for a shaped airship. Running into the team that worked for the Caelums happened by luck, and they were on their way at the first sight of trouble—keeping a watchful eye over the younger prince as always.

"My phone...it got wet..."

"That could be fixed with rice," she said smiling as she took it in her hands. Her white shirt had been stained with blood, and her black jeans ripped. "It's been a while though...so I'm not sure about it actually working now..."

You sighed, slumping against the couch," I don't understand... What was she trying to do today?"

"I can answer that for you," Lucis announced, entering the room. You and Namine stood, and you bowed to him. "Please, to my study."

Lucis motioned for you and Namine to follow him and you did so, on the opposite end of the living room towards the left corridor. Here, you passed numerous other intersections until coming to one nearing the edge of the hallway, where, the man then turned right and entered a room. The two of you followed him in, and Namine closed the door behind her. Inside, the room was bordered along the wall with bookshelves, and was about the size of a bedroom. There was a desk in the center of the room, and behind it, a fireplace. Upon the desk though, numerous forms, books, and other scattered documents gave a desktop computer company. Behind this, Lucis sat, and in front of him, were you and Namine.

"Thank you for your help Lucis," you began, as soon as you sat down.

He smiled," Please, sit." You did so. "Now, retracing back mana that lingered on the boys, we found that these controlling spells keep someone's mind in a...ripple effect."

"Ripple effect?" Namine repeated, in thought, sitting on a chair beside you. "You mean...they were to forget something, by doing something?"

"I...don't understand," you mumbled.