Chapter 33

"I did."

"Then--Then you remember me!"

"I do, but do you remember me?"

You stepped closer, and looked him over carefully to make sure you were seeing right. His skin was a shade from completely pale--highly contrasting his clothes--and his jaw was sharply accented through the scowl his face always held. He was notably taller than you, and his once long, raven hair was cropped into shaggy layers with bangs that usually shaded half of his countenance. His crimson eyes watched you watch him, and he unknowingly bit his lip in anticipation.

"You're Vincent," you finally spoke, after looking him over for the third time. "Vincent Valentine: Grimoire's son--I couldn't ever forget who you are."

"It's amusing how you say that, because I'm more than positive you did forget who I am."

"I... I what?"

"You forgot who I was... You threatened to kill me too... Don't tell me you do not remember that either?"

"Oh... OH! S-So that was you! ...I'm sorry, but... I couldn't recognize you," you murmured. "I don't know why... I just couldn't."

"I guess we're even then... Though, I've known you are the real [Name] for a while now."

"How long is a while?"

"Since about a week or so after your return."

SLAP.

Vincent's face fully turned left, and his drying hair followed through as it clung like droopy strands of black skin. Bangs covering his eyes, you waited for a reaction from his still body--hands at his sides, stance casual--but you didn't get anything other than a glimpse of his lips parting for breath. You couldn't speak yourself though, but after a moment, the ravenette initiated the conversation once more, unmoving from his position as he swallowed back.

"Why?" he whispered, leisurely reaching up with his right hand to tenderly touch his cheek as he looked down.

"...Because....Because I can."

"That's hardly a reason," the ravenette murmured.

"Then what's yours, huh!?" your jaw locked and you placed your hands on your hips irritably. "What's yours for not telling me you remembered sooner!?"

---------------------------------- 

Results: Confess to Me (Part I) 

Non B.O.C Version

"I couldn't... It wasn't in my place to."

"Why not!?" you threw your hands up in frustration. "I'm going through the trouble of trying to find a way to fix this, and here you are with your memories back, not saying a thing!"

"I was waiting for him--for [B.O.C]."

"[B.O.C]?" you repeated, perplexed.

He nodded, locking his gaze with yours," [B.O.C] should have been the first to tell you--he should be the first to remember you, not me. Isn't that what you want to have happen? Other than your brother to remember and to get your life back in general, isn't [B.O.C] your biggest reason for doing this? What importance do I have in telling you other than to help you?"

"You're...my friend," you were taken aback by his words, and your hand that had reached out for him in mid-stretch fell to your side. It was silent for a moment as Vincent looked away and you felt a pang of sadness go through you," You...don't consider me as a friend, do you?"

He shook his head," I do, I just... I wish it could have been me sometimes... I wish I could be the one to make you smile when I told you I remembered you...but I'm not. I had no motivation to tell you anything...and instead of protecting you until I could find a way for [B.O.C] to remember, I ended up hurting you more."