“R-Right,” you nodded, forcing a smile, also equally saddened.

“Well, let’s get going then,” Fai stood.

“Going?” you looked towards Aoi. “Where?”

“Oh, well…” the ravenette scratched the back of his head. “You did want to find your friends right? And go to a gifted school to have your powers in control?”

“Yeah…?” you nodded slowly, Oni gesturing for you to play along.

“Then Fai here is taking you to Twilight Town to find them.”

“Yep!” the blonde nodded with a grin. “The school’s top notch, and since a lot of the Hollow Bastion residents relocated there, you have a high chance of finding them!”

“Can I have a moment with Aoi-san before I go please?” you inquired.

Nodding, the others including Fai made way to the main room. Once they were out of sight, your tears spilled over, and you hugged the ravenette tightly. He sighed and frowned, patting your head sympathetically.

“H-He doesn’t remember me…!” you whispered against him. “He doesn’t even remember my family name being Amaya!”

“I know,” Aoi whispered back. “Your imposter has changed many things hasn’t she?”

“What…what am I supposed to do? I-I can’t go with him! Who will I stay with once I get there?”

“Once you leave, I’m going someone who I believe would never forget you,” he smiled, pulling away. “Trust me, they’ll take care of you well. However, as far as anyone else is concerned, you are a spell caster from another world—you prefer not saying which—who is longtime friends with the people who will be staying with—understand?”

“I…guess so,” you nodded slowly, sniffling and wiping your eyes.

“Good, c’mon then.”

After another exchange of words passed, you were ushered into the backyard by Kakawara who gave you a warm, black leather jacket once you had put on the black knee high boots she left for you. Giving them each a hug, you slung the duffel bag over your shoulder and pulled up the suitcase handle, walking into the violet insignia Aoi had casted which Fai was already standing in the center of. A gesture of the ravenette’s arms only made it glow brighter, and as it enveloped the two of you, Fai put an arm around your shoulders.

A flash of light brought you sandwiched between two dull gray walls, outlined at the top with two stripes of a deep neon blue glow. Behind you stood a machine, and in front, the hall extended into what looked like the crowded lobby of a subway station, people passing by posthaste. As you marveled, Fai turned away from said machine with two tickets in hand. He tapped you shoulder, handing one to you as he led you towards the lobby.

“Okay Amaya, we’re gonna have to split ways here!” the blonde chirped. “Find the platform for train fifty eight. It’ll be here in three minutes, all you have to do it go out to the next staircase from the stairwell to your right,” he pointed to the eastern wall. “The subway’s gonna take you to Twilight Town Central which is where everything pretty much…well is. I needa run some errands on the western block, but if you need me, you have my number!”

“U-Uh okay,” you scratched the back of your head, indulging in all the information at once. “But I don’t exactly have a ph—”

“Right!” he chuckled, tossing you the small electronic device—you barely catching it. “It’s from Oni. I was supposed to give it to you. Their numbers are in there as well as mine in case you’re ever lost. Well, gotta run, good luck!” Fai waved, running off in the opposite direction.