Chapter 44 - Engagement

.

"Do you want to eat lunch?" James asked Haejoo.

"hmm.. it's still a little early and I'm not that hungry. Let's just head to your agency.." Haejoo replied.

"Araseo.."

James and Haejoo just got out from a Driver's License Issuance Center. James asked Haejoo to accompany him to get a Korean Driver's license. And also he promised to take Haejoo out this day.

"Oppa good thing you have a Japanese Driver's License, that makes the process really fast.." Haejoo remarked. The two of them took a bus to get to their next destination.

"Yeah, I just have to exchange it for a Korean License, also I was exempted in the written exam because of it.." James replied.

"So you will never get your Japanese License back?" Haejoo asked.

"I can still get it. I just have to surrender the Korean one.." James answers.

"Why do you even get a driver's license if you don't have a car?" Haejoo asked him again. "Just to prepare, I mean UAA has been suggesting that I should get my own car or to agree that they would get me my own team.." James replied.

"Yeah, about that.. why did you refuse it in the first place?" Haejoo wonders why.

"At first I thought it was not necessary that I should be getting a manager and a team, I'm not a huge celebrity like.. uh... Hye-Kyo noona, or Heechul hyung. But now, it's getting quite hectic and a little tiring to go from one place to another.." James explained.

"So you're a huge celebrity now?" Haejoo giggles as she teases him.

"What no! I'm not saying that! I just now got what they meant that it will be hard for me to do all those things all by myself.." James said to her, "And I think the meeting later is about that.." he added.

"So you get a driver's license if ever you need to counter offer because you are still against their offer to have your own team.." Haejoo said.

"Exactly! wait.. how the.. what the.. how did you know these kind of things?" James is surprised.

"Haha oppa, it's obvious that it's what you are going for. I know you still think that you don't need it, but just face it oppa.. you are now a big celebrity, of course not like Heechul's level. But you are getting there sooner.." Haejoo told him.

"I understand but.. ugh, anyway I'll think about it. We'll see how the meeting goes.." James said to her.

"Hold on.." Haejoo raised her eyebrow and is looking at James like she is investigating him. "oppa... are you going to buy a car so you can ask Irene to go out with you? and you can date her privately, is that it?"

"What the..?! Of course not! It's about work!" James is utterly shocked to what Haejoo just said.

Haejoo is still looking at James the same way, frowning a little and one eyebrow raised, "jinjja?.. because You and Irene are getting close as the time goes by. Are you two a couple now?".

"What the.. Yah! Yoo Haejoo! What's wrong with you?" James exclaims and calling Haejoo by her full name. Good thing there's a few people in the bus and no one can hear their conversation. "We are not a couple, but I...." James abruptly stopped what he is going to say, he just froze and stare blankly in the open. He was zoned out for a couple of seconds.

Haejoo waited for a couple of seconds before she talk to him. "But what? You what?"

"N-Nothing.." James shakes his head. "Why you think we are a couple?" James seems to be back in himself now.