Chapter 56 - The Night Seoul Laughs

.

It's already past 12 midnight when James got home from his little thanking ceremony to the divines/deities at Han River. Ever since he dropped off Irene back to their dorm, the smile of happiness never disappears in his face. He has been smiling like crazy for more than an hour now. He still cannot believe that Irene is his girlfriend now, it feels like it is all just a dream. James even try slapping himself, pinching himself hard, and even punching a wall, he did all of that just to make sure that he is not dreaming.

James is just standing in the middle of his condo, he is replaying everything that happened earlier in his first date with Irene. One of his favourite moment is when she told him that she wanted him to be her boyfriend.

After a couple of minutes of just dreaming and replaying those scenes in his head, something comes to his mind and he quickly pulls out his phone..

"Hmm... ani... she might be sleeping by now. I'll just leave a message to her" James decided to just leave a message to his bestfriend about the good news.

After he sent a message to his bestfriend, he gives a call to his parents back home to share the good news. James found out that his family has been expecting and waiting for it to happen as they know all the news and rumours about them. His mother is not surprised at all since she already had a hunch that at some point it will happen.

That is not the only good news James have for his parents, he told them that he is now going to buy them a house that he promised. It was such a surprise that her parents started crying and the last 15 minutes of their phone call was really emotional. All of his hard work is finally paying off.

"Wew..." James wipes off some tears after the phone call from his parents. He then went to the kitchen and starts cleaning. A couple of minutes later someone rang his doorbell..

"Eh? 1am.. who might that be?" James looks at the clock and he is confused on who might possibly visiting him at this hour. He quickly went to the door to see who it is, and as soon as he opens the door...

.

.

.

"I TOLD YOU SO!!!!",

James was met by a shout from his bestfriend. Seolhyun cutely shouted at him, in his face.

"Yah! Why are you shouting?" James almost gone deaf and his ears is still ringing.

"I told you! Irene unnie likes you!! I TOLD YOU SO!!" Seolhyun shouts at her bestfriend again.

"Araseo~ Araseo~" James chuckles while he is telling Seolhyun to calm down. "What the, hey.. are you in your pajamas?" he laughed after seeing Seolhyun is in her pajamas and just wearing a long coat to cover it.

"Yes I am! You owe me a dinner! A week from now, on the restaurant where you met Kim Go-eun! Goodnight!" Seolhyun is still all hyped up on the news. She then started walking away.

"Wha.. hey where are you going?" James is really confused.

"I'm going home! I can't stay, I have an early schedule tomorrow! Tell me everything over dinner! Bye!" Seolhyun stopped and turns around for a moment to reply to him. She then starts walking away afterwards.

"Wait, so you came all the way here just to say 'I told you so' in my face?" James let out a laugh.

"That's right!! I've been waiting for this moment!" Seolhyun replied without looking back.

"Hey~ keep it a secret!" James shouted a little since Seolhyun is getting far. Seolhyun didn't say a word, she just lift both of her arms and gives two thumbs up.