6 ✧ BREATHTAKING

It was 7 pm, one hour away from the Yule Ball. Aria grew restless as girls ran around the dorms, whizzing by her as they frantically got themselves ready. She forgot how seriously some people take this shit.

Aria pulled herself off of her bed and headed to the bathroom, still in her pajamas. As soon as she entered the common bathroom she ran into Ginny who was washing her hands. She had on a rich, garnet-colored dress that adorned her slender body perfectly, the color complimenting her fiery hair. Her lips were stained blood-red with lipstick, eyes accentuated with smokey black eyeshadow. The girl looked absolutely stunning. She began sticking a matching pair of earrings into her ears before she caught Aria's reflection in the mirror. Horrified, she whipped around to look at her.

"Aria! What the hell?"

"Merlin's beard Gin, can a girl have a shit in peace?" Aria groaned.

"We have one hour until the ball, what were you doing all this time?! Your hair's not even brushed!" She pointed at the rat's nest that was sitting on top of the girl's head.

"Well, how long does one need to get ready. I was just going to throw on my dress, brush my hair, and call it a night."

"Dear. My sweet Aria. You do realize that the Yule Ball comes around once every half-decade. It's not just some mascara and clear lip gloss event," Ginny sighed. "You're lucky I caught you now and not a quarter to bloody eight," she dragged Aria by the hand towards her room as she reluctantly followed.

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚。・ ──────

"What the hell is the point of this stupid dance anyway? It's just a way for the professors to convince themselves that we're all well-mannered boys and girls. Well, news flash, we're all just a bunch of horny teenagers who want nothing but a shag," Draco ranted to his best friend Blaise Zabini as they dressed for the ball.

"Do you ever know how to have fun Malfoy?" Blaise rolled his eyes.

"This is your idea of fun? A bunch of sorry little pricks waltzing around a room to lullaby music?" Draco pulled his black button-up over his shirtless body.

"Whatever. Anyway, who's your date? Is she fit?"

"Don't even get me started," Draco cringed. "I was planning on asking Zubeida Khan, that's a bloody fit girl if I've ever seen one. But that pompous fuck Pucey got to it before I could and now I have to settle for Pugface Parkinson," he spat sharply as he knotted his deep green tie.

"I'll pray for you mate, I hear her fanny's wider than the Forbidden Forest!" Blaise joked, causing Malfoy to snicker as he adorned his defined fingers with his signature rings along with a couple of extra ones.

One ring that sat in the bottom of his jewelry tray caught his eye causing his heart to sink a little. It was a small bejeweled snake that was encrusted in emerald gems with a small floral pattern engraved onto the side of the metal. It was quite feminine-looking but Draco didn't give a shit, he loved experimenting with his style. If he were anyone else, he'd be teased relentlessly by the other boys for the way he experimented with fashion. But he was Draco fucking Malfoy. He did what he wanted and no one questioned it. However, this ring was way more than just a fashion statement. Sighing, he slipped it on.

"Trust me, I'm not planning on tapping that anytime soon or ever again," he said twisting his face up in disgust.

"All right, well we have a bit under half an hour until we have to be at the Great Hall so..." Blaise rummaged through his bottom drawer before pulling out a silver flask. Draco smirked before he took it into his hands and had a sip.