Gene had passed her N.E.W.T's with flying colours, as expected, achieving six 'Outstandings' and one 'Exceed's Expectations', in Potions.

The graduation ceremony in itself had been a terribly emotional ordeal for both of them. Gene wasn't ashamed to say that she cried the whole journey across the lakes in the enchanted boats, exactly as they had all done in her first year.

It was a little daunting, not having either Ron or Harry with them, but they managed together. Now, they were freshly graduated from school and qualified for the big-time jobs, such as working in the Ministry, like Ron and Harry were.

While Gene and Hermione were back at school, they were both working in the Auror Training Programme, after the Second Wizarding War was over. Although they had not attained any N.E.W.T.S., it didn't seem to take much convincing on Kingsley's part to admit them both into the programme.

Now that Gene and Hermione were finally back, they were all very much eager to make up for the past year, looking forward to whatever trouble they could conjure up next.

SATURDAY 28th of AUGUST, 1999

"Congratulations, Ms. Fiordalis!"

Gene did her very best to muster a smile at the doctor that rushed by, ensuring that it remained with every reflection she passed in St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. She was pretty sure that patient-doctor confidentiality was a serious thing, even in a wizarding hospital. Nonetheless, she powered on towards the Inquiries desk.

"Hello, I'm here to see Lorelai Craft." Gene said to the witch at the desk.

"Miss Craft already has a visitor. I'm afraid you'll have to come back another day."

Her tone was monotonous and weary, as though she had been stood there for centuries, which Gene thought had the potential to have been true.

She was speaking to Nurse Crowe, who wasn't the usual witch that Gene spoke to, and she was regretting not finding Nurse Marth today.

"Oh," Gene said, disappointedly, though she didn't argue. "Could I book a slot tomorrow?"

Nurse Crowe sighed audibly, before charming her quill to continue scrawling at the paperwork at her desk on its own, as she reached for what must have been a guestbook.

"Name?" she asked.

"Genevieve Fiordalis."

The quill immediately scratched to a halt, Nurse Crowe's head immediately shooting up at the name, her eyes wide, causing Gene's eyes to grow wide herself.

Gene began to look down at herself, glancing over her clothes and checking she hadn't any toilet paper stuck to the bottom of her heel, only to find she was clear.

"I-I'm sorry, Ms. Fiordalis. I didn't- I didn't realise, I'm so s-sorry."

Nurse Crowe began to scramble around behind the desk, her voice muffled as she rifled through a drawer of lanyards before hitting her head against the desk, and Gene winced.

"Please, don't apologise." she insisted, shaking her head rapidly. "It's fine, I can come back tomorrow, really–"

"Nonsense, Ms. Fiordalis, it was my mistake." Nurse Crowe returned, all of her words jumbled into one word. "Here you are–"

She handed Gene a lanyard, noting that she was a visitor, though the words 'very important' had been scribbled above it, some of the lettering smudged.

"Thank you, Nurse Crowe." Gene finally smiled, breathing a sigh of relief, "She's still on the fourth floor, right?"

"Yes, Ms. Fiordalis, ward twelve." Nurse Crowe nodded without looking at her and Gene felt guilty for the scarlet tint that painted the kind nurses face now.