Part 28: Holy Shit

Start from the beginning

"Sorry." I say. She just chuckled.

"It's fine Mack. You just stay here and help Carl out with everything." I smile back at her after she said this, nodding my head. She tucks a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear. "Love you baby sis. Be back soon."

    We both hug, as Rick starts to say,

    "Great, let's go."

    I pull away from Maggie, Beth pulling me into her. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders.

    The group clearing; Maggie, Glenn, Rick, dad, Daryl, and t-dog, head out of the cell block. Carl closed the cell door behind them. Leaving me worried about not only Maggie and daddy's safety, but for the rest of their safety as well.

Maggie's POV
    We carefully move through the corridors of the prison. Dead bodies littered all over the floors of said corridors.

    Glenn has taken the job of drawing arrows throughout the corridors, so that we would be able to find our way back. Not paying attention I run into someone, jumping and yelping, I realize it's only Glenn stopped to draw an arrow. I put my hand on my chest and release a breath of relief.

    Suddenly the entire group hears walkers and sees them as we turn to the sound. We all go back, running.

    "Go back, go back! Go back, move! This way!" Rick whisper shouts. We all keep running.

    "Come on, come on!" "Come on, this way!" I hear both Daryl and Glenn say to the group.

     Glenn and I both get ambushed, walkers getting in front of us, separating us from the rest.

    "Come on, in here!" Glenn says, and we both hide in a room, closing the door tightly so that the walkers outside can't get to us.

Hershel's POV
    "Where's Glenn and Maggie?" I hear Rick say as we are trying to find a way out. I stop in my tracks not wanting to go any further without my oldest daughter.

    "We have to go back!" I say back.

    "But, which way?" Daryl asks. I shrug.

    We open a door nearby very carefully and start searching for Glenn and Maggie.

    "Maggie? Glenn?" I call out but not too loud in fear of attracting walkers. We already have enough problems.

    "Mag, mag?" I call out again. Stepping over what seemed to be a dead walker. But, suddenly I feel a massive pain in my calf. Screaming out, I look down to see the dead walker. Biting a chunk out of my leg. No!

    Rick arrived and shot the damned thing. Soon after him Maggie showed up too yelling "No! No, daddy! No!" in tears.

    The walkers, attracted by the noise, start coming, on both sides. Rick and Glenn take me and start running while also supporting me.

    We run trying to find somewhere to go. They are shouting a lot but most of it is drowned out by the horrible pain in my leg.

    "God! Oh, god! Oh, god!" I say painfully.

    "Get in, get in!" I hear Daryl shout to the rest as he opens a door to a room.

    "Oh, god! Oh god!" I repeat, as Glenn and Rick lie me down on the floor.

    "Shut the door!" Rick shouts.

    Daryl and T-Dog close the door with difficulty. As I continues to scream. Rick wraps his belt tightly on my thigh to try and stop the bleeding. As T-dog tries to keep the door closed, as walkers push the other side.

    "Hold him down! Alright. Only one way to keep him alive!" Rick shouts to the others. He takes his axe out, I immediately know what he intends on doing I mentally prepare myself for such. I look to Maggie whose holding my upper body down, and before Rick starts I tell her.

    "It'll be okay. Just don't let Mackenzie see me until my leg is wrapped up at least." I say and she nods. Rick starts hacking my leg off with his axe.

    Eventually I pass out from the pain

Third person POV

    Rick managed to cut off Hershel's leg. The man had passed out from the pain.

    "Oh....He's bleeding out." Rick says.

    Suddenly, Daryl sees five men stand up behind the wall.

    "Duck" Daryl says aiming his crossbow. Rick does as told ducking out of Daryl's line of fire looking behind him at the 5 men as well.

    "Holy shit!" One of the men say.

Read authors note!!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!🎃😈👹👺☠️👻
I hope you liked this chapter. If you did please vote, comment and share this story with your Walking Dead loving friends.
I have a question...when would y'all like to see Carkenzie start. I wanted to take it slow since umm, they're kids. But am I taking it too slow?
Rn Carl is in the stage where he's just worried ab being involved and doing more when it comes to protecting the group so idk if now is the right time....just lmk 😘

Chapter ? 👇
What are you dressing up as this Halloween? (Halloween special question🤷🏻‍♀️👻)