Part 33: It Was Real

It's been a couple days since Lori's death, and also Carol and T-dogs. We had found out about their deaths after the rest of the group found out about Lori's.

Rick was broken by her death. He seems a little out of it now. Disappears into the tombs of the prison on his own for a many hours at a time. Came back out covered in walker blood from head to toe once.

All the group aside from him are in the front of the cell block. I'm sitting with Beth at a table. She's holding the baby and feeding her a bottle. I watch as I eat some beans Maggie had given me a portion of. Carl comes and sits beside me I give him a smile, and he returns a small one back. I feel sorry for him, I know what losing a mother feels like.

I put an arm around him and lay my head on his shoulder. Pushing my bowl of beans to him; giving him the rest.

" Everybody okay?" I lift my head hearing Rick enter the cell block.

"Yeah, we are. What about you?" Hershel replies.

"I cleared out the boiler block." Rick states. Walking further into the block. To our table.

"How many were there?" Daryl asks him.

"I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl." He says patting Carl's shoulder.

"Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to." Glenn tries to stop him.

"No, I do." Rick says then turns back around to the group. "Everyone have a gun and a knife?"

"Yeah. We're running low on ammo, though. Maggie and me were planning on making a run this afternoon. Found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula." Glenn explains.

"We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there trying to fix it in case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well." Daryl adds. Rick nods.

"Good, good." He says then turns and leaves.

"Rick." Someone tries to stop him again but is unsuccessful.

I let Carl finish the food. I walk to our cell and change into a different outfit. Wishing we could get the showers working, but liking having cleaner fabric on my skin.

I walked back to where the others were. I saw Carl getting ready to go somewhere. I walk over to him as he is lacing up his boots.

"Where are ya going?" I ask him.

"I'm going to check the prison with Daryl and the others." He answers me without looking up from his boots.

"Well...can I come?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I don't know. You'd have to ask your dad or sister. And Daryl. But I don't like the idea." He replies. I put my hands on my hips and glare at him.

"And why don't you?"

"Well, you're my friend. Don't want you to get hurt." I just scoff at his answer.

"Oh please. I could say the same about you. But, you'd still be going. And, I'm just as capable as you are Grimes."

"Well you're gonna have to ask Daryl and your dad anyway, so."

"Okay I will."

I turn and walk away, looking for my father and Daryl. I turn into my dads cell and almost bump into him coming out of it himself.

"Woah there." He says and then chuckles.

"Sorry daddy. I have a question." I say.

"And that is?" He smiles at me.