Bruises

Kei was a scheming bastard, and Tadashi couldn't decide between feeling angry, nervous, embarrassed, or happy because this stupid plan that he agreed to last night didn't seem so smart anymore but, by god, it would certainly let the team know something.

When Tadashi had agreed to Kei's plan the previous night, he thought that his boyfriend might carry it out with at least some modicum of subtlety, something just barely there but visible to cause some of the older teammates to do a double-take. But no, this had to be the one thing Kei went all out on, and instead of one small bruise by his collarbone like he expected, the two boys got carried away, and now Tadashi had to walk to school for Saturday afternoon practice with a scarf wrapped around his neck. It was cold out, but not cold enough to warrant a scarf at 2 pm.

The only thing keeping Tadashi from slapping that stupid smug grin off his boyfriend's face was the thought of the reaction the team would have when they saw him come into practice absolutely dotted with hickeys. The absolute chaos that would ensue as a result prevented Yamaguchi from being too mad at Kei for going overboard. Tadashi was still going to find a way to let Kuroo and Bokuto know, though, just because he knew the two captains would annoy the ever-loving hell out of Kei. The blond in question was, of course, trying and failing to suppress yet another bout of laughter as he looked at the peeved expression on Tadashi's face.

"What? It's not like you couldn't have left any on me," Kei countered. "Just imagine, though, the sheer panic and embarrassment on the captain's face. This has to push them all over the edge, no matter how stupid."

"I dunno Kei, I don't think Hinata and Kageyama have ever thought about anything but volleyball in their lives. How Hinata even figured out he was gay is beyond me. He and Kags seem way too single-minded to ever think about anything else." Tadashi mused. Really though, how did Hinata know he was gay? Yamaguchi was sure someone on the team must've sparked it because there was no way Hinat spent any free time thinking about things other than volleyball.

"Ugh, gross. I do not want to think about who on the team was that shrimp's sexual awakening, thank you very much, Tadashi." Kei sneered. Tadashi must've voiced his thoughts on Hinata out loud then. Oops.

The two walked on in silence after that. Tadashi, having forgotten his annoyance with his boyfriend, was almost buzzing with excitement. As much as he was not looking forward to the inevitable lecture from the third-years, the looks on everyone's faces was going to be priceless. He was almost tempted to unwind his scarf now and just waltz into the clubroom in all his hickeyed glory. Almost. As funny as it would be, there would be other sports teams that had Saturday practice, and they did not need to know about his personal life.

As the two meandered into the clubroom, Tadashi got a few odd looks at his scarf, but nothing would ever beat the dead shock silence as he unwound it and began changing into his jersey. The tension in the air was palpable, and no one dared break the silence as Tadashi and Kei casually changed. It was getting a bit uncomfortable, to be honest. And as the team continued to stare pointedly at his neck, Tadashi felt himself growing redder by the second, and with a quick glance to Kei, he could see that his boyfriend was getting pink too. Daichi finally cleared his throat to break the silence and was just about to say something when Tanaka cut him off.

"YEAH!!!! Little Yamaguchi's gettin some! WOOOOOO!" Now fully dressed, Tadashi sheepishly rubbed his neck at Tanaka's outburst, wincing a little as he accidentally pressed too hard on a particularly tender spot.

"Oh, yeah. I don't know, it's not that big of a-"

"NOT THAT BIG A DEAL? You have to tell us everything!" Nishinoya exclaimed, seemingly offended that Tadashi was about to call a makeout session a not big deal. "Who is she? Is she pretty? Who am I kidding? Of course, she's pretty. All girls are. How far did you get? You guys must've been pretty wild for you to be so bit up, huh? Who is she? How long have you been with her? You haven't been hiding some secret pretty-girl from us, have you?" With that Nishinoya started peering around, as if Tadashi had brought his non-existent girlfriend with him and hidden her in the clubroom.