Memories

That same night Clarke and I lay in bed. She still hasn't told me what was bother me her earlier, but it doesn't matter. Tomorrow I will tell her about the visions I've been having, and what I really think they are.

We have our arms wrapped around each other as we face one another. Before I'm about to fall asleep, I feel Clarke's hand on my back. She traces circles and lines on my back down my spine. My vision goes black again, and we're laying in a huge bed with a fur blanket over us. Clarke trails her hand down my spine, where a tattoo is. I've never seen it before, but somehow I know exactly what it is. "This is beautiful." Clarke says. "I got it in my ascension day. A circle for every natblida that died, when the commander chose me." I say. "Seven circles. I thought you said there were nine officiant's at your conclave." "There were." I respond. "Then what happened to number eight." I don't speak for a minute, knowing I don't want to tell her this story now. I roll over to face her. "Can we talk about something else?" I ask. "We don't have to talk at all." I smile at her, and I kiss her. This kiss is even more passionate then the kisses I've had with in our reality now. She was the love of my life. The vision ends. That was the longest one yet. This just confirmed what I thought I knew about these visions. Clarke falls asleep after tracing my spine again. I kiss her forehead, and soon I fall asleep too.

In the morning I take her out to the deck after breakfast. "I have something to tell you." I say. She nods and holds my hand. I can't help but remember my vision from before. "You know when I collapsed and when I almost crashed the car?" I ask. "Yes. I knew something happened that you weren't telling me." She says. I take a deep breath to prepare myself for when she calls me insane. "It's okay. You can tell me." She says. My vision goes black again. Not now. "It's okay. You're safe." I say, as Clarke bolts up. Then another vision. "It's okay. You're okay." Clarke tells me after I'd had a nightmare. Those visions were quick. Everything goes back to normal. "Are you okay?" You couldn't hear me and your eyes weren't moving." Clarke says, her voice sounding like a panic. "Yeah. This is what I want to tell you. When the zombie attacked us, when I almost crashed the car, and just now, I saw something. Something I can't explain." Clarke looks into my eyes. I saw you and I in another world. We were different people. We were in love. And I know that sounds crazy-" "It's not crazy. Because I know what you're talking about. I've had the vision things too. Your back tattoo, when you died, and the first time I met you." I look at her, with shock written all over my face. I'm not crazy. "I think they're memories." I say. "Of like a past life?" She asks me. "Yes. That exactly. But how are we here now? Rebirth?" I ask. "You did say something about reincarnation when you were talking about the commanders." Clarke says. "I was a commander." I start to remember. Then more memories come flooding back. "I betrayed you. At Mount Weather. I'm so sorry." Clarke knows exactly what I'm talking about. "It's okay. I forgave you in that life. You did what you had to, and I would've done the same thing." Clarke says. "I remember wanting you to come back everyday after you died. I wanted you to see Madi. I missed you so much." I hold her. "We're together now, even if we aren't exactly them." I tell her.
—————
Thank you for reading this chapter!
I'm probably going to only have one more chapter left, so thank you for reading! Definitely tell me what you think!