(39) Dinner

The song above is Lovers On The Sun by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin

You can also read ahead on Patreon. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2603

The next day, we woke up early

The next day, we woke up early. Originally, we were supposed to leave for Georgia's cabin today but due to the events of last night, we postponed it for a day.

Lazarus sat in the car with me and Marco. The atmosphere was tense and awkward.

Marco informed me that he already contacted my mother. She was waiting at home, eager for my arrival. I knew this attack would put her against me going away tomorrow. I would have to spend a long time convincing her that I wanted to go.

I was right. She was sat on the steps leading up to our house, her hair tied back into a ponytail. Her expression was stern and determined. Thankfully, Simon wasn't there. I couldn't deal with seeing him today.

Slowly, I opened the car door and slid out of the seat. She rose to her feet in a stiff fashion and waited patiently for me to approach her. Lazarus came around the car and joined me for moral support.

Having Lazarus with me would hopefully help persuade her.

Her gaze hardened at the sight of Lazarus with me. She had never told me she disapproved of Lazarus—not to my face at least. Yet, I knew if she could have it her way, I wouldn't date anyone. She wanted me to focus on my safety and my schoolwork. Boys weren't part of the equation.

"Celeste," She called, her mouth twisting. For once, she wasn't leaping into my arms and hugging me as she normally did after an attack. This time, she remained stoic. It appeared the frequent danger around me had hardened her. "Come inside, I'll make you a cup of tea."

I followed her inside with Lazarus still close to me. I was glad she hadn't dismissed him. It would have only ended in a fight.

We all sat around my dining room table, a hot cup of tea in front of us. Nobody said anything for a few minutes. Neither one of us wanted to start the conversation that we knew would inevitably happen. We couldn't remain in silence forever.

"So, this is the boyfriend?" My mom asked, glancing at Lazarus. I narrowed my eyes, not appreciating how she spoke to him. If only she knew he was a royal werewolf. She would be bowing and stuttering like a fool.

Pinching my lips, I nodded my head. "Yes, this is Lazarus. Lazarus, this is my mother, Francesca."

"Pleased to meet you, Mrs. O'Connor," He greeted in a formal manner. He held himself in such a poised way and his tone was nothing but polite and friendly. "I'm sorry it isn't under better circumstances."