(6) Piano

The song above is Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count:  1852

On Instagram today I am answering questions to any of my stories (including Amber's). If you have any questions, head over to my Instagram story now.

Instagram: lydiarose_61

The next day, I sat in my first lesson, twirling my pen around my fingers

The next day, I sat in my first lesson, twirling my pen around my fingers. English was my first lesson—the lesson I shared with the three new people. After last night at the diner, I didn't know how to face them. They had witnessed me zone out and recall one of the darkest memories I had.

I was beyond embarrassed.

Thankfully, I shared this class with Ellie. She greeted me with a flattering smile, her eyes brightening. She didn't manage to hide the concern in her eyes. Ellie always fawned over me when I experienced flashbacks.

"Hey," She said, lowly. "How are you feeling?"

I slid into my seat and set my belongings on the small rectangular table. From my peripheral vision, I noticed Lazarus sat in the middle of the room, writing something furiously. He stilled after Ellie spoke. It was as if he was listening to our conversation which wasn't possible because Ellie said it so quietly and we are quite far away.

Shaking off the thought since it was ridiculous, I answered her question. "I'm okay."

Ellie arched an eyebrow as if to say, 'I don't believe you'.

"I'm okay, I promise. You don't need to worry," I murmured, softly.

Ellie studied me for a moment and then relented, loosening a breath.

Our teacher strolled in; her thinning grey hair tied in a tight bun. Her spectacles were hanging off the edge of her nose; her beady brown eyes stared at all of us with boredom.

"Open up your books and continue your studying," She instructed, with one quick glance. Ms Nala never liked spending a lot of time talking. She would always tell us what to do and then sit in front of her desk and read a book.