Broken: Intro/Authors Note

Hey all, first time writing a fanfic story. Not expecting many people to see this so yeah. 

If you like it, comment and/or like or something... let me know if you see any errors or anything! Thanks!

I will try to remember to post regularly and post trigger warnings.

Well, onto the intro.

Trigger warning! abuse 

Harry POV 

I heard the front door open and voices muttering to each other. I ran up stairs and was hiding because I had forgotten to have dinner ready by the time they got home. 

     "Boy! Get down here now!" Vernon yelled.

I groaned, more from pain than out of annoyance. 

"Yes sir! Coming right now," I responded.

I walked down the steps and into the kitchen, where Vernon was waiting.

    "Do you know what you screwed up?"

    "Yes sir. Sorry sir."

He pulled off his belt and pointed to the closet. No, oh god please no not the closet.

    "Well come on then freak."

He grabbed me by the hair then pulled me into the closet. He punched me in the face, shoved me to the ground, then began kicking me in the stomach, chest, head, legs, wherever he could. I felt blood running down my face, and I was trying not to cry. If I cried, it would be much worse. He walked out of the room and slammed the door. I was crying and I couldn't stop. 

   "You thought you were done? I didn't even start yet," Vernon said with malice and hatred.

He pulled out a knife and a lighter. 

'Well shit. I'm screwed' I thought to myself.

He pulled off my shirt then grabbed my arm hard, and held it out straight. He took the knife and wrote the word faggot on one arm, then grabbed the other and wrote worthless on the other. Then he shoved me on the ground and wrote fat, ugly, stupid, freak, and other words I couldn't even begin to try to read. He took the lighter and held it up to each word, watching the cuts burn over, then grabbed the knife again and recut over all of them. 

   "You have 10 minutes, then work on dinner, it needs to be done in one hour. We want pot roast."

I looked up at him, "What? Pot roast takes 5 hours to prep!"

"Well then, better get going!" Vernon snickered, knowing he would get to do so much more to the freak. 

At least I'll be leaving tomorrow for Hogwarts. 

Time skip to next morning

Draco POV

    "Ugh, I'm exhausted. I had dreams about finding my mate again," I said at the breakfast table.

     "Maybe you will find them today. Remember son, I love you, no matter what," Father said to me while reading the paper and drinking his tea. 

Ever since I found out I was part Veela, I couldn't wait to find my mate, whoever they may be.

   "Hurry up and finish eating boys! We have to leave soon! I don't think you want to miss the train, do you Draco?" 

We finished eating then Mother scurried us all out the door. 

We got to Platform 9 3/4 right on time, which means it was 10:30, a half hour before I had to be on the train. I looked up to my father, silently begging him to let me look for my mate. He nodded and said to stay close. I put my hands together, thanking him, then began looking around the station. I was wandering for what seemed like forever when I smelled chocolate. Not the generic $0.99 chocolates you can get anywhere, but REAL, good, amazing chocolates that you can't get just anywhere. I looked everywhere, when I realized the time was 10:55, and I had 5 minutes to be in the train. I rushed to the loading area and to my parents.

    "I love you guys, see you at Christmas!"

I gave them each a quick kiss, which earned me a slight glare from my father. That's one thing with us Malfoy's, we are very protective, and possessive, of those we love. I ran into the train, hoping to find the source of the scent of chocolate. 

I was so caught in my thoughts that I didn't even realize when I ran into someone. 

"What the hell? Watch whe-"

My whole world stopped.