Chapter 13

Little did he know, there was a man hiding in the corner whispering, "Imperio," the voice said along with something intelligible, "Jump."

Hadrian didn't know why, but an urge to jump off the ledge overcame him. He walked to the ledge, stepped up, and stood on the edge. He teetered back and forth, not wanting to jump but needing to.

Now to Severus and Co.
After talking in the main room, Severus and the others began to look for Hadrian, but when they realized he was missing they panicked.

"Where is he?" Severus asked in a panic.

"I don't know," the twins responded, equally panicked.

"We need to find him. Now," Draco said, feeling a dark and foreign presence in his mind, "Something, or someone-I'm not sure which- is in his head."

"The grounds are massive! How do you expect us to find him?" Severus exclaimed.

"Oh!-I think- We know- A way- To find him!" The twins said.

The others all looked at them, expecting an answer. Severus motioned for them to continue.

"He has this map- We gave it to him- in his 3rd year. He keeps it in his trunk. Did the- Elves move his trunk- into the room yet?"

Severus nodded.

They all then ran to his room and the twins rummaged though Hadrian's trunk until they came across the map, but after they moved it they saw a glint of silver, and went to grab it. They pulled the map and the silver item out of the trunk. They handed the map to Draco, but looked at the small silver object without arising suspicion. They noticed the silver item was in fact a piece of metal, and it seemed to be slightly rusted. They looked at each other and realized that this was Hadrian's, and that Hadrian was most likely hurting himself.

"He's in the Astronomy Tower, we have to hurry," Severus' voice broke through the haze that the twins were in.

"Let's go," The twins and Draco said simultaneously.

They hurried to get up there, but what they found made them stop dead in their tracks.

Hadrian was there, standing on the edge of the Astronomy Tower, blood on his wrists, rocking back and forth, terrified.

Severus acted quickly, he grabbed Hadrian from the ledge and pulled him back into his arms.

"No, no. I have to jump. I have to," Hadrian said, dazed. Severus realized he was not in control, and quickly helped free him.

"Hadrian? Are you there? Please, please. I need you here still. Draco needs you, the twins need you. Your Father and I need you. Please," Severus asked, begging, tears running down his face.

"D-dad? What- oh mer- oh merlin I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I- I didn't plan on, I wasn't going to- I didn't want to- there was something else- i didn't want to. Please! I didn't- I don't want to- to die. I'm sorry!" Hadrian cried out.

"Hadrian, Hadrian, love calm down. It's fine. I know. Someone was manipulating you. It's alright. It's okay," Severus said.

Hadrian then looked at Severus and said, "I- I think I can call you Dad now. I'm not scared anymore. I love you."

Hadrian's eyes rolled to the back of his head, and Severus panicked. He tapped Hadrian's face, attempting to wake him. He felt for a pulse, but found none.

"No, no no! Hadrian. Wake up! Hadrian! Wake up! Please!" Severus screamed, "You are not allowed to die! You are not allowed to die on me! You haven't got to meet your Father yet, or-" He broke down in tears, mumbling no over and over.

Draco was broken. He fell onto his knees and sobbed. His wings came out from his back and essentially forced him to move to Hadrian. His wings pushed Severus away and his wings grabbed Hadrian and pulled him into the cocoon he created.

Hadrian was dead, and no one was able to handle it.

Hey, sorry for the long wait. My mental health is shot, and I am not using healthy coping mechanisms. This is NOT the end, I promise. The next chapter will be up soon. I am so sorry for this going so dark, but I needed it to. This is not what I had planned, but it happened. I love you guys, and I'm sorry for being gone for so long and for this chapter.

-Kayden/Kai
also, sorry for the constant name switches, it something I do. I like both names, and I'm genderfluid so this is how i try them out. love you guys!