Safe

Michael didn't end up coming outside, so I started the long walk home. It was about a 30 minute walk, so when I got home, I was exhausted. 

I went upstairs and quickly fell asleep. 

My friend had texted me again in the middle of the night, so the next morning when I checked it, I made sure to mention the fact that she left me. She kept on apologizing and soon asked me if I wanted to go again with her. I agreed, but quickly added that I was going to be taking my own car. 

I got ready and since we were going later that night, I was able to have a down day. I messaged Michael on Insta to make sure that he was ok, which he was, luckily. I watched a bunch of The Office just because I can and when it came time to start leaving, it felt like the day had just flown by. 

I got up and got into my car. It was a short drive to the pizzeria, so I got there earlier than I needed to. By the time my friend had gotten there, it was already dark outside. I got out of the car and went inside with her. 

There weren't too many people there, but it closed at 8 and we had gotten there at 6, so we were only there for about 2 hours. 

When it came time to go again, I started walking out to my car. When I got out to my car, there was a flyer on my windshield. There wasn't one on anyone else's, so I was about to take it off, but  then remembered some of my survival techniques. If you're alone and  there's something on your windshield (flyer, shirt, money, etc.), never grab it. Have someone walk you out to your car and as soon as you get inside to start driving, don't even try to take it off, well, at least until you get to a secure location. People will do this to try and distract you, so they can easily get into your car or grab you or, well, you probably  get the point by now. 

I went back inside and went up to one of the security guards. They're nametag said 'Mike', but they didn't seem happy at all. "Hey, um, sir? Is there any chance that you'd be able to walk me out to my car?", I asked, not  expecting him to actually agree. 

"Oh, yeah, sure", he said. I was kinda surprised, until he said, "You're not the first to ask tonight." Well, that makes sense now. We started walking, but I got this weird feeling like we were being watched. 

I shook off the feeling, thanked Mike once we got up to the car, and got inside. I immediately locked the doors and started driving.