Nervous for you

A/N: I chose this song to get into the Christmas spirit, so go ahead and give it a listen if you want! 

It was Friday, so it was the day before winter break started. We had a minimum day, so we were only going to be in each class for 30 minutes. All that we really did was chat, take a few tests, did some Kahoots, and watch short films and little snippets of movies, so it was a pretty chill day. 

During Break (since we didn't have lunch today), Michael had come up to me. I became so nervous as soon as I saw him. Why was I so anxious?! I wanted to walk away, but I didn't want to be rude. "Hey, do you want to go get some Starbucks after school or something?" he asked in his soft English accent. I wasn't sure what to say. Well, of course until I had said, "Oh, sorry. My mom wouldn't allow me to go. Flu season." 

"Oh, ok. I understand", he replied, sounding kinda disappointed. I did feel kinda bad, but I just knew that I was going to embarrass myself. I quickly went back over with my friends and was blushing badly. Dang it, Michael! Why do you have to be like this?! 

We were going to have a Winter Formal that night, so everyone was buzzing about  that. I didn't have a date, so my friend and I were going to be getting ready together.