DITZ

Keagan

I could tell just by Jamie's general demeanor that something was eating at him.

For the last day and a half he's looked as if he wanted to say something, but just can't bring himself around to actually voice it. It was really starting to wear on my patience, I mean... I wanted to know and he should already feel like he could ask or tell me anything so the fact that he was having a hard time was not only pissing me off but was also really hurting my feelings.

"Jesus Christ Jamison." I laughed after I caught him staring with that same fish out of water look he's had for the last 32 hours. "Spit it out, what do you need to say?"

"Well..." He cleared his throat and looked down. He really reminded me of a puppy who had just chew up their owners shoe sometimes. So I knew I wasn't going to like what I was about to hear. "Livvie messaged me and asked me to talk to Russ for her. He apparently was in some type of fight and has locked himself in his room and... She thinks that talking to me might bring him out or help or something."

He blurted all of that out as if he had rehearsed it a thousand times. Like he tried every possible choice of words he could think of that would "soften the blow" of dragging his ex-lover back up.

"Okay...?" Was all I said. I mean what else could I say? 'No Jamison, I forbid you from talking to that limp dick.' That would go over just as well as baptizing a feral cat would.

"Okay? That's it? No mean quip? No rude remark? Just... Okay?" He looked genuinely shocked, and it was kind of pleasing to me that he actually looked somewhat disappointed.

"Oh, I have a lot to say, it's just better that I don't."

I watched as he got up and moved closer to me on the bed.

"I want to hear what you have to say..."

"Why? Do you want me to tell you no?"

"Well... No." He sighed. "I just want to know."

"What difference would it make?" I laughed, but Jamison clearly wasn't finding the same humor in this that I was. "But if you really want to know, I don't care about his well being, and he didn't care about yours until he saw me. I think he's a piece of shit with some type of agenda who deserved an ass beating after what he put you through. I'm just sorry I couldn't have done it myself."

"Keagan, he apologized..."

"And? Rapist usually apologize too. Doesn't make their shitty actions any better. You make of it as you will Jamie, I just don't trust him or the fact that only talking to you, the boy he completely shunned at one point, is the only way he'll get through this. It seems like a complete load of fishy bullshit to me. But hey, what do I know?"

Jamison was actually thinking pretty hard about all I just said, so I leaned over and kissed his forehead.

"Don't blow a fuse babe." I chuckled. "Do what you feel is right, I trust you." He sat beside me quietly and I could feel his anxiety level just rising with each passing minute. "Here, how's this... I'll go to the gym for an hour or two and you decide and do what you need to do? Either way I won't be mad."

Jamison looked at me wearily before nodding.

"I love you, Keagan..." He said, not taking his eye off of me.

"And I love you Jamison." I chuckled before shedding my lounging clothes and put on some more exercise appropriate ones. Even though I kissed him before I left, he still looked pretty suspicious about how I handled everything.

I wish I could have handled it how I really wanted too, I wish I could have told him exactly what I felt, but what would that really accomplish?

Jamison was still excruciatingly naïve to the evils of the world, his sheltered heart still held on tightly to the fantasy that there was good in everyone and good in every situation.

It was annoying as hell sometimes because anyone with half a brain would have been able to tell that making me go see my father and that even giving Russ the time of day were both bad ideas, but his heart was gold and I knew he only meant well. So even though I might deny it, I really did love that aspect about him, but I really wasn't looking forward to seeing what event would be the final straw that broke that innocence he still had.

The gym was pretty dead which was beyond welcomed right now. My eyes landed on this fairly short guy using the stair stepper, I had seen him a couple of times before but we had never actually spoke. But today after I finished my seven miles on the treadmill he just kind of popped up in front of me with this cheesy ass grin on his face.

"Hey, Keagan right?"

"Yep, that's my name. Who's asking?"

"Me silly!" I stared at him blankly, I mean usually people picked up that if I said that, it meant I was asking for your name... I'm not stupid.

"I know you asked," I laughed trying to keep my tone polite. He was painfully attractive with his light muscle tone, pearly white smile, and kept hair style... But with having someone as smart as Jamison for so long, I realized that ditzy wasn't cute any more. At all. "I was asking what your name was."

"Oh!" He giggled. "My names Blake!"

"Well it's nice to meet you." I said as I sprayed down the equipment and grabbed my sweat towel. I wasn't really interested in speaking to him any further, but he followed me over to one of the benches that was set up at a decline for sit ups. It was odd and kind of off putting to have someone stand beside me as I worked out. All he did was talk too, like I'm not even really sure if he was actually talking to me or at me. It got so bad after a while that I considered standing him in front of a mirror to see if he would notice he was just talking to himself... But that would be rude and I refrained.

"So, would you like to go out and get a drink sometime?" I stopped mid leg press and looked over at him. It was no secret that I was spoken for, but he was clearly not picking up on my lack of interest so maybe he was just all around clueless.

"Look Blake, I appreciate the conversation, but I've got a boy waiting back at my dorm for me already. Thanks for the offer though."

He looked pretty dumbfounded that I had told him no, but the way he handled rejection was none of my concern so I decided that to save us... Well him, any further embarrassment that I should probably be the one to leave. When I said he was attractive, I really did mean it. Even sweaty he looked as if he just walked off of a movie set, and old Keagan wouldn't have been able to make it out of the locker room without jumping his bones, but I didn't even remotely have those thoughts now. Getting him naked wasn't even a passing thought, and it made me feel weird, but I had all that I needed right now and more laying in my bed waiting for me.

Of course there were a few other people who wanted to talk to me on my way out, to see what was going on, and to just generally catch up. Which I greatly appreciated as well, it had been a long time since I actually talked to anyone outside of Jamison in such a casual and non flirtatious way, and don't get me wrong, I wasn't sick of just talking to him, but other human interaction was pretty nice and just those little spouts of conversation actually made me feel somewhat normal again.

With Jamie everything was just raw emotion or a crisis, I knew that's how it was probably supposed to be with a new couple, but sometimes I just wanted to talk about the weather or about the way I hated the feeling of charcoal pencils on paper... I don't know. I think I was just over thinking things again, and I just needed to stop. I definitely could use some more alone time which would be hard to explain since I've been practically up Jamison's ass every day since we got back; both figuratively and literally if you know what I mean.

But that's besides the point. He and I had some definite work to do, but right now that was probably going to be the least of our worries.

I showered quickly, changed, made sure Blake wasn't lurking around, and headed back to the dorms. I wasn't really excited about going and seeing what decision Jamison had made since I pretty much already knew he had called Russ. There was always a chance that he could surprise me, but that was a really really fucking slim chance. I knew Jamison better than to even hold out hope that my little rant of my feelings would sway his choice.

He would have made up some other question anyways if he hadn't already made up his mind about what he was going to do. He was stubborn and bull headed; but again, just another reason why I think I loved him.