3

"Hello there, doc"

Beam's hands stopped, water still running down them. He smirked teasingly as he looked up in the mirror to find Forth standing behind him. 

"Hey to you too... Mr. Jamhornum" he said the name in a teasing, seductive manner and went back to washing his hands, ignoring the tall man behind him. Done, he turned the water off and dried his hands, still ignoring a now impatient Forth. Once he was done, he casually turned to walk out. "You can use it now Mr. Jamhornum" he smiled brightly and tried to walk past the man who growled and pulled him back by his arm, pinning him against the wall and hovering his mouth over Beam's.

"Don't act like you don't remember me!" he hissed through gritted teeth. 

"Or what Mr. Jamhornum?" Beam asked calmly. He tilted his head when Forth just breathed heavily and didn't answer. "Hmm?"

Forth leaned closer to him, lips just an inch away from Beam's. "You said let's see if fate makes us met again when you walked away... we did..." Beam just stared at him calmly so he tried to move closer to kiss him but Beam turned his head away. Forth stared at him, not moving away. "Why?"

Beam smiled. "I am a pragmatic person who looks at facts. You met Wayo and his family. You wanted to meet them. Not some stranger you met once at a bar Mr. Jathurapoom. I'm not that stranger to you now that you met in a bar. I'm Wayo's brother. That's the fact"

Forth blinked. 

Beam sighed, still smiling calmly. "Am I wrong?"

Forth clicked his tongue and sighed. "I didn't forget you, not for a moment" he said firmly.

"You didn't forget him either, did you?" Beam smiled. Though inside, there was a storm. Ever since his father married that woman and they had to welcome her beautiful, well mannered and obedient son, somehow, he was never good enough. He had spent the past ten years of his life in a shadow. Wayo's shadow. The two-faced good boy who had the art to fool anyone, now he knew. He even saw the way Wayo had acted around Forth in the last 30 minutes. Small gestures that if you weren't paying attention, you won't see. 

He smiled. "You know... if you paid enough attention, you'd see it's just a matter of time they leave each other. You can have your first love back"

Forth glared at him. "Would you have that Apollo 2.0 version giraffe back? He's handsome after all" he hissed and Beam shoved his chest angrily, making him sneer.

"Fuck you!" Beam hissed back.

Forth sighed. Then he nodded. "Okay. I never forgot what he did to me. And yeah, it helped me focus on my goal. It gave me a goal. But I lost all that love I had the moment that seventeen-year-old short and skinny kid who needed assistance even to use a can opener told me he can't be with me anymore because his mother is marrying a billionaire. Not because I'm not good enough for him, because I don't suit his class anymore" 

Beam looked at him and sighed. 

"And this. It was a good business option. I had promised myself one day that billionaire would come to me for collaboration. And it... happened. Yeah... but when I heard of a business proposal regarding a state of the art medical establishment, I thought of a career-driven, self-made doctor I met in a bar who cared about his work more than anything" he said, looking intently at Beam.

Beam stared back at him. 

Forth sighed under his piercing gaze. "Okay yeah, I admit. It was fun to see Wayo look at my successful life, see what he lost but that's it, he lost"

"Yeah, it would be good revenge on him, favoring his second-best, good for nothing black sheep of stepbrother in his place. A total slap on the face yeah" Beam said coldly though his heart hurt saying that out loud and somehow, even with all his coldness and composure, that pain reached Forth who flicked his forehead with a huff.