𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

"Why'd you kiss me while we were running lines?"

Charlie scrambled on the couch in his apartment to put a shirt on, clearly not expecting Elliot to come bursting in there on a rampage.

"What do you mean, El?" he questioned, pulling a random shirt on over his head that he was pretty sure was one of Owen's. "It's part of the scene. Crystal and Luke kiss. You just kept kissing my cheek and I wanted to practice it for real."

She shook her head, "No, no. I'm supposed to kiss you, Charlie. Not the other way around. Cut the hair and explain yourself."

Charlie nervously raked his hands through his hair. He really didn't want to have this conversation.

"I-I wanted to see how it felt."

He avoided her eyes.

Elliot scoffed, "Unbelievable! What is it with boys and catching feelings too late?"

"What do you mean?" Charlie let his eyes flicker up to watch Elliot, the girl now pacing the living room.

The girl threw her arms out to the side, in total disbelief at the situation she was in.

"I had feelings for you for months and finally got over you. And now, you decide to reciprocate?" She was laughing at the situation, not able to understand how the one guy she used to be head over heels for was now falling for her.

Charlie stood up from the couch, walking over to stop the girl from pacing. He even took one of her hands in his own.

"Can't we try us?"

Elliot's jaw fell open slightly, "Charlie, I-"

"Please, Elliot." the boy begged. "I've finally realized that you're way more than a best friend to me and I don't want to lose that chance."

The girl was still shocked by the situation.

Why now did Charlie have to have feelings for her? Couldn't this have happened like a month ago?

She shook her head, coming to her senses. "I can't."

"You can't? But why?" Charlie was confused, he really thought that Elliot felt the same way. Or at least hoped that she did.

He released Elliot's hand and reached up to cup her face. Elliot leaned into Charlie's hand, her own hand going up to hold onto his.

"I've fallen for Owen." she admitted.

It was weird saying it out loud. She'd admitted it over text to the girls, but never said it out loud.

Elliot forced away the smile that was forcing itself onto her face at the thought, it wasn't the time to be smiling about a crush.

"Oh? You have?" Charlie dropped his hand from Elliot's cheek.

He was slightly taken aback by the conversation.

"Mhmm. And he's a really great guy. He makes me really happy, Charlie." There was that smile again. This time, Elliot let it show. "Like, i've dated my fair share of boys before and none of them have ever made me feel like Owen does! He makes me feel so special... but now he thinks I lead him on and I feel like shit about it."

Charlie paused for a minute, trying to take in all of the information.

"He makes you really happy?" he questioned, his eyes locking on hers.

"Mhmm, very."

The boy cupped her face, making sure Elliot was looking at him.

"We can still be best friends, right?" he pouted.

Elliot laughed, dropping her head out of Charlie's hands and onto his chest. What a stupid question. But honestly, Elliot was happy to hear that Charlie still wanted to be friends.

"Of course we can, you weirdo."

Charlie pressed a kiss to the top of Elliot's head, a smile now on his face.

"Ok then, go get your man, Babygirl." He squeezed her waist, before patting her side.

Elliot hugged him quickly before spinning around, her eyes suddenly landing on the blond boy in question.

Owen looked shocked. Elliot, on the other hand, felt somewhat embarrassed.

"How much did you hear?" she questioned as the smile on her face faltered.

He took a second to respond, still somewhat in shock from what he heard. "A-Almost all of it?"

She glanced between Charlie and Owen. At one point, a soft smile showed on Charlie's face and he even nodded.

"Oh, fuck it." Elliot whispered to herself.

Both boys shared confused glances.

The girl took a step toward Owen, gripping his wrist and pulling him toward his bedroom. Once inside the girl closed the door behind them.

Elliot turned around to face Owen, a small smile showing on her face before she did what she'd been wanting to do for a little while now. She went up on her toes and crashed her lips against his own soft ones. Owen sucked in a deep breath at the action, not necessarily expecting it.

Her hands went into his hair, gripping it in her palms. The boy gripped the girl's waist, gripping her hard as he did.

The two enjoyed the kiss while it lasted, both smiling against each other's lips.

After about a minute or so, Elliot broke away, dropping back down flat onto her feet. "So," she blushed hard as she looked up at the blond boy who couldn't help but smile at her. "I kind of like you."

"I guess I kind of like you too."

Elliot quirked an eyebrow, "You guess?"

Owen rolled his eyes as he chuckled at the girl, walking back over to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling Elliot closer to his body.

"Ok, so I really like you."

The girl was more giddy than she'd ever been before and it was all because of a floppy haired blond boy.

She went up on her toes once more, looping her arms lazily around his neck. Elliot pressed a lingering kiss on Owen's cheek. The two were just staring at each other, enjoying being there together.

"That's good to know."

❤︎
𝚒 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗
𝚘𝚑, 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕
𝚒'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚋𝚢𝚎